“WordPress for Web Development – Tech Learning Network, Mark Hannon” is categorized under an intermediate course which is designed to provide a complete command of the WordPress environment and teach you how to create dynamic websites which are easy to update as well as maintain. The courses are usually available at INR 3399 on Udemy but you can click now to get 87% off and get WordPress for Web Development for INR 455.
Through this course, one must be able to dive deeper and develop Serious Web Sites using WordPress. Also, the students will be able to work under WordPress expert Mark Hannon and develop WordPress skill sets.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 455 (|
|Instructor||Tech Learning Network, Mark Hannon|
|Topics Covered||WordPress Design and Development, Page Customization, Developing Websites with WordPress, Pushing WordPress online, etc|
|Course Level (Resources Required)||Intermediate (Windows/ Mac/ Linux Machine with a good internet connection)|
|Total Student Reviews||126|
|Sl No.||Module (Duration)||Topics|
|1.||Introduction to WordPress Design and Development (1 hour 26 minutes)||Developing on a local server, Designing a simple theme|
|Making the header, and footer dynamic, Working in wp-content fields, Creating a simple theme|
|2.||Extending your theme (3 hours 15 minutes)||Customizing your theme, The WordPress Loop, WordPress Loop cont, Understanding the WordPress page templates|
|Create menus, Sidebars, and widgets, Creating custom page templates for your theme, Create a theme thumbnail, and Make that theme yours|
|3.||Filling out the theme and planning for errors (2 hours 34 minutes)||Filling out your theme, The 404 page, Using “wp_query()” and creating a Category Page, creating a search form template|
|Creating a basic custom post type, Displaying custom post types, Creating custom post type|
|4.||Customizing your page (2 hours 32 minutes)||Backgrounds, Custom Features, header images, and custom logos, The post featured image, Using the Customizer|
|Organizing your CSS, Using a custom field for changing a template component, Custom Fields|
|5.||Making the website mobile-friendly (2 hours 7 minutes)||Introduction to media queries, The Viewport Tag, Importance of responsive, Installing Bootstrap|
|Rows and columns, Headlines and Typography Applying styles to the website|
|6.||A chip off the old block: Child themes (53 minutes)||Ways for creating WordPress themes, Choosing the right parent theme, Child Theme: Roll Your Own/ use Pre-Built, Bare Necessities of a Child Theme|
|Pulling In The Parent’s Framework, Making the Child Theme, Create own CSS rules|
|7.||Training the theme to do your will (2 hours 19 minutes)||Creating custom templates, Organization of Parent Theme, Choosing the Template Files, Customising Header and Footer|
|Page.php Template, Page.php Template cont., Index and single templates, Creating own page templates|
|8.||A Child theme starts to grow up (1 hour 8 minutes)||Growing your Child theme, Creating a Widget Page, Using Developer Tools, Identifying IDs and Classes|
|Styles, Changing Styles Without Breaking the Site, Differentiating the Child theme, Creating a Whole New Website|
|9.||Styling Images in WordPress (1 hour 5 minutes)||Adding style, Creating custom image sizes, WordPress image Quality, and Image Links|
|Styling Featured Images, Replacing the Color Switches, Making custom-sized images for your featured image|
|10.||Pushing WordPress Online (1 hour 3 minutes)||Getting your WordPress Site Live, Adding your Own Sidebars, Multiple Posts Pages, Categories, and Tags on Pages|
|Changing the Copyright Line, Preparing and moving WordPress to a live server, Ways to Build WordPress Sites|
- No prior web development or design knowledge.
- Windows/ Mac/ Linux Machine
- Good internet connectivity.
|Parameters||WordPress for Web Development||WordPress Plugin Business (No WordPress Plugin Coding)||Learn Creating Premium WordPress Website with Elementor|
|Offers||INR 449 (||INR 449 (||INR 449 (|
|Duration||19 Hours||1.5 Hours||5.5 Hours|
|Rating||4.1/5||4.5/5 (highest rated)||4.3/5|
|Instructors||Tech Learning Network, Mark Hannon||Alex Genadinik||Supriyo Kundu|
|Topics Covered||WordPress Design and Development, Page Customization, Developing Websites with WordPress, Pushing WordPress online, etc||WordPress plugin marketing strategies, introduction and fundamentals||Working with elementor, Creating WordPress Website using Elementor, etc|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|
|Compare Similar Courses||Learn To Create WordPress Themes By Building 10 Projects||Complete WordPress Theme Developer Course With Bootstrap||100 Usable WordPress Code Snippets for Themes & Plugins 2019|
|The Complete WordPress Website Business Course||WordPress Development with Bootstrap: The Complete Course||WordPress for Beginners: Create Your Own WordPress Website|
Here are a few of the students’ reviews for “WordPress for Web Development” given below:
- Cara2510 (5.0/5) “Good match for me. I am a beginner. The instructor was easy to follow even though I have 10 vs his MacBook Pro. I am also using WordPad vs Brackets. The instructor is fantastic.”
- Ijaz (5.0/5) “Excellent course. Could not have been better than this. Much appreciated.”
- James M B (5.0/5) “So far the course is interesting and on point, I’m happy, you guys will be the second to know if I become displeased, gotta be fair and let the instructor know first to be certain I’m not misunderstanding the content or misunderestimating (thanks W) his teaching skills”
- Susie B (4.0/5) “Overall: Content was good! It definitely was what I was looking for. The whole course needs to be re-edited. There were quite a few moments in the audio that clearly were meant to be edited out but weren’t, e.g. stopping a sentence and saying “pause” before re-starting it…”
- Eugene H (4.0/5) “So far, so good. I have problems with matching the required steps and keeping the dialogue running at the same time. However, I’m managing to keep it together.”
- John S (4.0/5) “OK so far but the Mac is a foreign country to me so it took a little working out, at times, Otherwise IK.”
- Abdullah H (3.0/5) “He is a great teacher and deserves the best 5 stars for easy information.”
- Michael R (3.0/5) “Please understand that the critiques in this are purely objective. I do not mean any offense to Mark’s person at all. The main issue is that he doesn’t properly edit or organize the videos. I’m still early in the course and have run into several times where a mistake was made, but instead of editing the video to condense where the mistake was made and show what happened, he just starts the same section over again, repeating what you JUST covered, hoping not to make that same mistake again…”
- Daniel M (3.0/5) “volume was very low and the screen fonts were small. I can’t even blow it up from my screen even if I set it to full screen.”
- Anthony J (3.0/5) “There are a number of programming errors already, and he’s only just started writing the theme.”
WordPress for Web Development: FAQs
Ques. What is the fee for the course?
Ans. The course is available for INR 455 after a discount of 87%. However, the original price of the course is INR 3,399.
Ques. What will I learn in the course?
Ans. You will be able to learn about WordPress Design and Development, Page Customization, Developing Websites with WordPress, Pushing WordPress online, etc through this course.
Ques. What is the duration of the course?
Ans. The course duration is 19 hours.
Ques. Is there a certification from Udemy?
Ans. Yes, a certificate of completion is given to its students upon completing the course successfully.
Ques. What is the rating?
Ans. The course has a rating of 4.1 out of 5.
Ques. Do I have lifetime access to this course?
Ans. Yes, you will have lifetime access to the course on mobile or TV.
Ques. How many sections are there in the course?
Ans. There are 11 sections in the course containing a total of 85 lectures.
Ques. Are there any coding exercises in the course?
Ans. No, there are no coding exercises.