The ‘The Complete SQL Bootcamp: Go from Zero to Hero Course’ is taught by Jose Portilla. He has years of experience in teaching Data Science and Python programming to employees working at big MNCs including Cigna, The New York Times, McKinsey, and Credit Suisse. The course primarily focuses on PostgreSQL but the skills learned can also be applied to other databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, etc.
The course covers topics such as PostgreSQL, PgAdmin, SQL syntax, SQL JOIN commands, and more. The course is usually available for INR 3,399 on Udemy but students can click on the link and get the ‘The Complete SQL Bootcamp: Go from Zero to Hero Course’ for INR 449.
Who all can opt for this course?
Anybody wants to learn more about SQL, PostgreSQL, or the fundamentals of data analysis.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 449 (|
|Student Enrollment||6,47,319 students|
|Instructor||Jose Portilla https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseportilla|
|Topics Covered||PostgreSQL, PgAdmin, SQL syntax, GROUP BY commands, SQL JOIN commands, etc.|
|Total Student Reviews||1,67,128|
- Use SQL for database query
- Do data analysis using SQL
- Understand how to use GROUP BY statements
- Recreate actual circumstances and run reports
|1.||Course Introduction (01 hour 07 minutes)||Welcome Message|
|Course Curriculum Overview|
|Overview of Databases|
|Windows Installation – PostGreSQL and PgAdmin with Database Setup|
|MacOS Installation – PostgreSQL and PgAdmin with First Query|
|2.||SQL Statement Fundamentals (01 hour 37 minutes)||Overview of Challenges!|
|SQL Cheat Sheet|
|SQL Statement Fundamentals|
|Challenge: SELECT DISTINCT|
|SELECT WHERE – Part One|
|SELECT WHERE – Part Two|
|Challenge: SELECT WHERE|
|Challenge: ORDER BY|
|LIKE and ILIKE|
|General Challenge 1|
|3.||GROUP BY Statements (40 minutes)||Introduction to GROUP BY|
|GROUP BY – Part One|
|GROUP BY – Part Two|
|GROUP BY – Challenge|
|HAVING – Challenge Tasks|
|4.||Assessment Test 1 (01 minute)||Overview of Assessment Test 1|
|Assessment Test 1|
|Solutions to Assessment Test 1|
|5.||JOINS (01 hour 08 minutes)||Overview of JOINS|
|Introduction to JOINs|
|Full Outer Joins|
|Left Outer Join|
|JOIN Challenge Tasks|
|6.||Advanced SQL Commands (01 hour 01 minutes)||Overview of Advanced SQL Commands|
|Timestamps and Extract – Part One|
|Timestamps and Extract – Part Two|
|Quick Note on TO_CHAR|
|Timestamps and Extract – Challenge Tasks|
|Mathematical Functions and Operators|
|String Functions and Operators|
|7.||Assessment Test 2 (32 minutes)||READ ME FIRST PLEASE|
|Setting up New Database for Assessment Exercises|
|Assessment Test 2|
|Solutions to Assessment Test 2|
|8.||Creating Databases and Tables (01 hour 17 minutes)||Introduction to Section|
|Primary Keys and Foreign Keys|
|9.||Assessment Test 3 (01 minute)||Assessment Test 3|
|Solutions to Assessment Test 3|
|10.||Conditional Expressions and Procedures (01 hour 10 minutes)||Conditional Expressions and Procedures Introduction|
|CASE – Challenge Task|
|Import and Export|
|11.||Extra: PostgreSQL with Python (11 minutes)||Overview of Python and PostgreSQL|
|Psycopg2 Example Usage|
|12.||BONUS SECTION: THANK YOU! (10 seconds)||Bonus Lecture|
No prior technical knowledge is necessary. All students need is a PC and a stable internet connection.
John P Keldon (5/5): Starting out in this course is looking good. More thoughts on this later. After completing this course, I was so impressed of how it was laid out for me to learn it. The instructor taught in such a way, that I was able to grasp what I’m learning. Thanks, Jose!
- Danny Clynes (5/5): Very impressed with Jose and the lectures he put together here.
- Vyankatesh Kulkarni (5/5): This course is really awesome even if you don’t have any knowledge about PostgreSQL still you can be master this course.
- Matthew Nakos (5/5): This was the perfect course for what I needed at this time.
- Balakiran Polisetty (4/5): Hi @All, very excellent knowledge, I have gained through this session.
- Aravind P. (2.5/5): Some topics feel like they are done in a hurry. Much exercise is needed in the later part of the course.
- Adam S. (2.5/5): Some of the instructions on how to download the resources are outdated. I also had to look up a youtube video on how to set the binary path. This class needs to be updated.
- EL-Sayed G. (2/5): In the JOIN part the instructor made it look very complicated although it’s so direct and easy to understand, Also the slides don’t help, I wish the course had no slides at all because SQL is only understandable by practical examples.
- Vincent R. (2/5): I expected way more content and theory. Way too basic vs free youtube content.
About the Author
The instructor of this course is Jose Portilla who is the head of the Data Science department at Pierian Training. With a 4.6 instructor rating and 1,021,606 reviews on Udemy, he offers 60 courses and has taught 3,287,742 students so far.
- Jose Marcial Portilla holds BS and MS degrees in mechanical engineering from Santa Clara University. He has years of experience working as a qualified instructor and trainer for Python programming, machine learning, and data science.
- He has written articles and received patents in a number of disciplines, including data science, materials science, and microfluidics.
- He has acquired a set of abilities for data analysis throughout the course of his career, and he wants to combine both his teaching and data science knowledge to educate others on the power of programming, how to analyse data, and how to display the data in attractive visualisations.
- He currently serves as the Head of Data Science for Pierian Training, where he teaches data science and Python to employees working at top organisations like General Electric, Cigna, The New York Times, Credit Suisse, McKinsey, and others.
|Parameters||The Complete SQL Bootcamp: Go from Zero to Hero||SQL – MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence||The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert|
|Offers||INR 449 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||9 hours||12 hours||37.5 hours|
|Instructors||Jose Portilla||365 Careers||Colt Steele|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|