The ‘70-462: SQL Server Database Administration (DBA)’ course will teach you how to manage SQL Server Agent and audit SQL Server instances. The course will also help you to understand the different Recovery models.
In this course, you will learn to implement and maintain indexes, and manage and configure databases, including compression and concurrency problems. The course is usually available for INR 2,799 on Udemy but you can click on the link and get the ‘70-462: SQL Server Database Administration (DBA)’ for INR 499.
Who all can opt for this course?
- If you wish to practise SQL Server Database Administration, this course is for you.
- Although it is not necessary to have any prior T-SQL experience, the more you know the better.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 499 (|
|Student Enrollment||23,337 students|
|Instructor||Phillip Burton https://www.linkedin.com/in/phillipburton|
|Topics Covered||SQL Server Agent, SQL Server Components, Database Concepts|
|Total Student Reviews||4,615|
- Make backups of your databases and restore them while comprehending the various recovery types.
- Control server roles, import and export data, and logins.
- Create and maintain indexes, as well as manage and setup databases, taking into account issues with concurrency and compression.
- Audit SQL Server instances while managing the SQL Server Agent.
- Gather and analyse data for troubleshooting.
- Design, install, and implement a migration strategy for SQL Server and related services.
|1.||Introduction (39 minutes)||Introduction|
|Welcome to Udemy|
|The Udemy Interface|
|Do you want auto-translated subtitles in more languages?|
|Databases – Resources|
|Downloading SQL Server Developer 2022|
|Installing SQL Server Developer 2022|
|Which version of SSMS should I use?|
|Installing SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)|
|2.||Backup and Restore – Part 1 (01 hour 21 minutes)||Restoring a Database|
|Looking around SSMS and how to generate T-SQL|
|Backing up Database, and problem with Restoring|
|Changing Recovery Model|
|13a. Different backup models – theory|
|13a. Different backup models – practice in SSMS|
|13a and 14c. Point in Time Recovery|
|Recovery and Backup models|
|Using NORECOVERY and RECOVERY|
|13g and 13h. Back up an SQL Server environment and system databases|
|13c and 13f. Perform backup/restore based on strategies inc. backup redundancy|
|13d and 14b. Recover from a corrupted drive|
|More backing up questions|
|Practice Activity Number 1|
|3.||Manage logins and server roles (01 hour 04 minutes)||17c. Create login accounts|
|17d. Manage access to the server, 17b. secure the SQL server using server roles|
|17e. Create and maintain user-defined server roles|
|19c. Create Database User Accounts|
|18b. Fixed Database-Level Roles|
|User Database-Level Roles|
|Creating and Using Schemas|
|Creating access to server/database with least privilege|
|18c. Protect objects from being modified|
|Manage logins and server roles|
|Practice Activity Number 2|
|4.||Implement and maintain indexes (56 minutes)||What are indexes?|
|15d. Implement indexes|
|Fragmentation – theory|
|Fragmentation, reorganize and rebuild in SSMS|
|15g. Optimise indexes (full, filter index)|
|15c. Identify unused indexes|
|15h. Statistics (full, filter) force or fix queue|
|Implement and maintain indexes|
|Practice Activity Number 3|
|5.||Import and export data (15 minutes)||Transfer data|
|Import and Export Data|
|6.||Manage SQL Server Agent – Part 1 (34 minutes)||5a. Create, maintain and monitor jobs|
|5b. Administer jobs and alerts|
|RAISERROR and Create Event Alerts|
|What happens when a job runs? And running a RAISERROR WITH LOG|
|5b. Adding operators to jobs and alerts|
|11j. Create alerts on critical server condition|
|Manage SQL Server Agent|
|Practice Activity Number 4|
|7.||Manage and configure databases (01 hour 16 minutes)||6b, 7a. Database configuration: autoclose, autoshrink, recovery models|
|6a. Design multiple file groups|
|6a. Creating database with multiple file groups|
|6c. Manage file space, including adding new filegroups and moving objects|
|6g. Partitioning in theory|
|Partitioning in practice using the GUI|
|Partitioning in practice using T-SQL, and testing partitioning|
|13e. Manage a multi-TB database; 14d. File group restore|
|6h. Manage log file growth|
|6d, 19d. Implement and configure contained databases and logins|
|Manage and configure databases|
|Practice Activity Number 5|
|8.||Compression (25 minutes)||6e. Page and Row Data Compression|
|6e. Sparse columns|
|15k. Columnstore Indexes|
|Practice Activity Number 6|
|9.||Identify and resolve concurrency problems (31 minutes)||10d. Diagnose blocking, live locking and deadlocking – theory|
|10d. Diagnose deadlocking – practice; 10h. kill processes|
|10c. Monitor via DMV or other MS product; 10e. diagnose waits|
|10a. Examine deadlocking issues using the SQL server logs using trace flags|
|10g. Know What Affects Performance|
|Identify and resolve concurrency problems|
|10.||Collect and analyse troubleshooting data (28 minutes)||11a, 11c. Collect trace data by using SQL Server Profiler|
|11i. Use XEvents (Extended Events)|
|11b, 11f, 11g, 11h. Collect performance data by using System Monitor|
|11l. Identify IO v memory v CPU bottlenecks|
|Collect and analyse troubleshooting data|
|Practice Activity Number 7|
|11.||Audit SQL Server Instances (20 minutes)||12a. implement a security strategy for auditing; 12c. configure server audits|
|12e. Monitor elevated privileges as well as unsolicited attempts to connect|
|12b. Configure an audit; 12d. Track who modified an object|
|Audit SQL Server Instances|
|Practice Activity Number 8|
|12.||Plan installation (37 minutes)||1l. Choose the right hardware; 1a. Evaluate Installation Requirements|
|1c. Plan Scale-up vs Scale-out basics|
|1d. Plan for capacity; 1i. Windows-Level and Service Level Security|
|1f. Design the storage for new databases|
|13.||Install SQL Server and related services (40 minutes)||9a. Install an instance; 7b. Install Default and named instances|
|1b, 2b, 2c, 4a, 4b. Design the installation of SQL Server and its components|
|4a. Set up and configure all SQL Server components, including Visual Studio SSDT|
|2a. Test connectivity|
|2d. Configure an OS disk|
|Install SQL Server and related services|
|Practice Activity 9|
|14.||Implement a migration strategy (16 minutes)||3a. Restore versus detach/attach|
|3b. Migrate Security|
|3c. Migrate from a previous version; 3d. Migrate to new hardware|
|3e. Migrate systems and data from other sources|
|Implement a migration strategy|
|15.||Install SQL Server, related services and additional SQL Server components (24 minutes)||4b. Configure full-text indexing|
|4c. SSIS Security|
|Install SQL Server, related services and additional SQL Server components|
|16.||Well done (08 minutes)||Congratulations|
- Prior DBA experience is not necessary to enrol in this course.
- For several sections of the course, but not all of them, it would be beneficial if you understood how to build basic T-SQL queries (SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY).
- Instructor demonstrates how to download and install SQL Server on your computer without the requirement for any kind of prior installation.
- A PC running Windows is required.
- Since Azure Data Studio lacks the majority of DBA capability, using a Mac to do DBA operations is not an option.
Joseph Jordan (5/5) : One of the best presented tech courses I’ve watched on Udemy. Very clear, well structured and at a good pace.
- Fabricio Dias Zanette (5/5) : Excellent course to get to know a lot of concepts and SQL server features.
- Michael Latina (5/5) : This is probably the best class that I’ve ever taken for Database Administration!
- Yamin Zakaria (5/5) : This is probably the best course I have seen on Udemy.
- Ramesh Reddy Madireddy (5/5) : Content is excellent and explanation is awesome, i got what i am looking for.
- Shazad Cronin (2/5) : Unfortunately, the tone of voice of the person who teaches this course is very low volume and low energy which makes me falling sleep and hard to understand.
- Husain Kachwala (1/5) : The audio is too low and half of the words the author speaks are very feeble.
- Benjamin A. (1/5) : I really need more handson, this looks like Exam practice. I really i need real time at Work not For Exams Purpose. All the topics.
- Nguyen Tien T. (1/5) : There are many pauses in the lecture which make me feel uncomfortable.
About the Author
The instructor of this course is Phillip Burton who is a Best Selling Instructor on Udemy. With 4.5 Instructor Rating and 96,467 Reviews on Udemy, Phillip Burton offers 48 Courses and has taught 616,025 Students so far.
- Phillip Burton started instructing on Udemy in 2015, Phillip Burton have amassed more than 600,000 learners and more than 40 video courses, including more than a dozen bestsellers.
- Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc), Azure, Microsoft Office, and other topics are covered in Phillip Burton classes.
- Many of his courses adhere to the specifications for authentic Microsoft certifications; therefore, with some practise, you may take the test and add it to your resume or CV.
- Phillip Burton has experience developing computer systems and performing data analysis as a computing consultant.
- Phillip Burton is one of the nine award-winning Experts for the 11th Annual Expert Awards from Experts Exchange.
|Parameters||70-462: SQL Server Database Administration (DBA)||SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) – An Introduction||Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS): 2022 edition|
|Offers||INR 499 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||10 hours||4 hours||5.5 hours|
|Instructors||Phillip Burton||Phillip Burton||Phillip Burton|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|