The ‘SQL for Beginners: Learn SQL using MySQL and Database Design Course’ is an all-in-one training course. It is designed for database developers who wish to upskill and learn SQL, database and database design. The course is taught by Jon Avis who works with SQL and databases every day for the past 4 years.
The course includes installation videos covering MySQL on Windows, Mac and Linux. Through the course, students will learn essential concepts like SQL, MySQL, database design, select queries, joins, aggregate functions, and more. They will also create an example database for an online movie ticket booking system. The course is usually available for INR 2,799 on Udemy but students can click on the link and get the ‘SQL for Beginners: Learn SQL using MySQL and Database Design Course’ for INR 449.
Who all can opt for this course?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn SQL and MySQL.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 449 (|
|Student Enrollment||1,40,657 students|
|Instructor||Tim Buchalka’s Learn Programming Academy https://www.linkedin.com/in/timbuchalka’slearnprogrammingacademy|
|Topics Covered||SQL, MySQL, database design, data analysis, select queries, joins, aggregate functions, etc.|
|Total Student Reviews||43,328|
- Possess in-depth knowledge of MySQL, one of the most extensively utilised databases worldwide.
- Learn about SQL and MySQL, two in-demand skills to apply for IT jobs in the industry.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of database design.
|1.||Course Introduction (05 minutes)||Welcome to the Course|
|2.||Installation and Setup (01 hour 01 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Databases, SQL and MySQL|
|Relational Database Management System|
|MySQL Installation for Windows|
|MySQL Installation for Mac|
|MySQL Installation for Linux|
|MySQL Workbench Overview|
|3.||Data Definition Language (26 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Primary and Foreign Keys|
|Creating the Coffee Store Database|
|Modifying Tables: Adding and Removing Columns|
|4.||More On Alter Table (38 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Creating Our Test Database|
|Add and Remove Primary Key|
|Add and Remove Foreign Key|
|Add Unique Constraint|
|Change Column Name|
|Change Column Data Type|
|5.||Data Manipulation Language (18 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Inserting Data Into Tables|
|Updating Data in Tables|
|Deleting Data from Tables|
|Completing the Coffee Store Database|
|6.||Selecting from a Table (58 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Using Inequality Symbols|
|In, Not In|
|Column Name Alias|
|7.||Selecting From Multiple Tables (33 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|What Are Joins?|
|Joining more than Two Tables|
|8.||Database Design (39 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Normalization – What is it?|
|1st Normal Form (1NF)|
|2nd Normal Form (2NF)|
|3rd Normal Form (3NF)|
|Relationships – One to One|
|Relationships – One to Many|
|Relationships – Many to Many|
|9.||Creating a Cinema Booking System Database (41 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Database Schema Overview|
|Create Films Table|
|Create Customers Table|
|Create Rooms Table|
|Create Screenings Table|
|Create Seats Table|
|Create Bookings Table|
|Create Reserved_Seat Table|
|Insert the Data|
|10.||Aggregate Functions (33 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|What are Aggregate Functions|
|Min and Max|
|11.||Subqueries (28 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|What Are Subqueries|
|Non-Correlated Subqueries: Part 1|
|Non-Correlated Subqueries: Part 2|
|12.||MySQL Functions – String Functions and Date Functions (53 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|What Are MySQL Functions?|
|Upper and Lower Case|
|13.||Challenges (29 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|14.||Extra Information – Source code, and other stuff (04 minutes)||Bonus Lecture and Information|
- Students need a PC (Windows or Linux) or a Mac.
- No prior database, SQL, or MySQL knowledge is required.
Sophie Gr (5/5): The course was really very good and understandable. For a beginner, it is the best way to learn SQL, not only in theory but also in practice. Each lesson is taught with an exercise and that’s the best way to learn SQL. I would suggest it to everyone, who wants to learn SQL. Thank you very much.
- Savanah Turner (5/5): The course is well structured and allows the perfect amount of time for each topic!
- Er Soo Sian (5/5): Excellent teaching of MySQL for beginners to understand how to download
- Harsh Sharma (5/5): the accent of the language is very good to understand for Indian students also, and the way of teaching is very good for me thankyou sir I m very happy to learn from Udemy
- Jon Gauthier (5/5): I did struggle to follow along with some of the examples because I was not also doing the drills on my own (ex: downloading MySQL Workbench plus the data files), so my recommendation to anyone watching this: DO THE HANDS-ON STUFF! GET THE WORKBENCH AND USE IT!
- Sarah C. (3/5): As someone with 0 experience or exposure to SQL, I would’ve appreciated a little more of an intro and info about the concepts before each session. I also could be wrong since it’s been a while since I started the course, but basic topics are not covered, like when/how do I save, how often should I save, what’s a schema, what do the symbols mean in the schema, what’s a script vs. a query, etc.
- Jennifer R. (2.5/5): The instructor’s explanations were often unclear, and he skipped over critical concepts. This resulted in us having to resort to Google searches or seeking help from experts to fill in the gaps. Furthermore, we found errors in some of the challenge solutions, which other attendees also reported in their reviews.
- Jose Arturo Navarro Valenzuela (2/5): I went through the QA and got it fixed, but after the 2nd time this happened I just found it to be time-consuming and a poor user experience.
- Ravindra Kumar Y. (1/5): This course covers only basic SQL.
About the Author
The course is taught by Tim Buchalka’s Learn Programming Academy. Tim Buchalka is a software developer with over 35 years of experience. With a 4.5 instructor rating and 5,04,685 reviews on Udemy, he offers 58 courses and has taught 1,776,756 students so far.
- Tim Buchalka’s Learn Programming Academy has taught over 1.75 million students. They offer courses on Java, Python, Android, C# and Spring Framework.
- The academy’s mission for the 3 next years is to teach over a million students how to program.
- In addition to Tim’s courses, which are all available online, they are collaborating with the greatest instructors to build courses that will educate developers of all skill levels on the fundamental abilities they need.
- The academy includes courses for all skill levels, whether students want to learn programming from scratch, brush up on their knowledge, or pick up new languages and frameworks.
|Parameters||SQL for Beginners: Learn SQL using MySQL and Database Design||Complete SQL and Databases Bootcamp: Zero to Mastery ||PHP for Beginners|
|Offers||INR 449 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||8 hours||24.5 hours||14 hours|
|Rating||4.5/5||4.6 /5||4.7 /5|
|Instructors||Tim Buchalka’s Learn Programming Academy||Andrei Neagoie||Tim Buchalka’s Learn Programming Academy|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|