The ‘Oracle SQL – Step by Step SQL’ course will teach you all the fundamentals of SQL. In this course, you will learn all the essential SQL skills that are necessary to work as a SQL developer. Along with that, you will understand database terminology and various SQL commands.
The course also provides project work to summarize the SQL concepts that are learnt in the course. The course is usually available for INR 2,299 on Udemy but you can click on the link and get the ‘Oracle SQL – Step by Step SQL’ for INR 499.
Who all can opt for this course?
- The intended audience for this SQL course is beginners who are unfamiliar with the syntax of SQL.
- Students who want a fast refresher on SQL and certain key database topics can opt for this course.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 499 (|
|Student Enrollment||15,515 students|
|Instructor||Amarnath Reddy https://www.linkedin.com/in/amarnathreddy|
|Topics Covered||SQL, Database Concepts, SQL Commands|
|Total Student Reviews||2,408|
- Get familiar with database terms.
- Using SQL Commands to Get Data from a Database (Select).
- Using a SQL command to filter data based on business requirements (Where).
- Using SQL statements, creating tables and altering their structure (Create, Alter).
- Use SQL Joins to join data from several tables.
- Using the SQL GROUP BY and SQL Aggregate methods to group data and generate summaries.
- Combining data using SQL keywords from two or more tables (UNION, UNION ALL, INTERSECT, MINUS).
- Using SQL commands to apply constraints to tables (Create, Alter).
- Making use of the SQL command (Create View).
- Utilising the SQL commands to create more database objects (SYNONYMS, SEQUENCES).
- Utilising SQL statements to limit users’ access (GRANT, REVOKE).
- Use the SQL command to improve performance (create Index ).
|1.||Closed Captions/Sub Titles for the course (05 minutes)||Closed Captions/Sub Titles for the course|
|How to make best use of the program|
|2.||Software Installation (11 minutes)||Installing Oracle|
|Installing Java SDK|
|Installing SQL Developer|
|Running scripts necessary for the course|
|Scripts for our Lab Exercises|
|3.||Database Concepts (13 minutes)||What is a Table?|
|What is a Database?|
|What is a Relational Database (RDBMS)?|
|What is a Transaction?|
|What is ACID??|
|4.||Enter the Dragon (Database) (09 minutes)||Building SQL Template…|
|How do you talk with a Database?|
|What are the most common commands?|
|What type of Data can we store?|
|Data Model for our Course|
|5.||Lets see the Data… (09 minutes)||What data can I see?|
|How do I see data (SELECT) ?|
|How do I see a part of the data (SELECT) ?|
|Lab 1 (Exercises with Answers)|
|6.||Lets limit the data we see (Filtering) (17 minutes)||Filtering Data (WHERE command)|
|Filtering Data (More Examples…)|
|Filters on Character and Date values…|
|Filtering based on a column in a table…|
|Lab 2 (Exercises with Answers)|
|7.||Logical Operators (24 minutes)||BETWEEN and NOT BETWEEN|
|IN and NOT IN|
|ALL and ANY|
|Lets learn about NULL…|
|IS NULL and IS NOT NULL|
|AND and OR|
|Lab 3 (Exercises with Answers)|
|8.||Arithmetic operators (02 minutes)||They are simple!!! (10 + 20 = 30)|
|Lab 4 (Exercises with Answers)|
|9.||Lets sort the data we see (Sorting) (06 minutes)||ORDER BY clause|
|How are NULL values treated while Sorting Data?|
|Lab 5 (Exercises with Answers)|
|10.||How do we combine data from 2 tables? (12 minutes)||SET Operators|
|UNION ALL operator|
|Lab 6 (Exercises with Answers)|
|11.||Lets group the data… (17 minutes)||Aggregate/Summary Functions|
|GROUP BY clause|
|GROUP BY with multiple columns|
|GROUP BY with HAVING clause|
|Lab 7 (Exercises with Answers)|
|12.||Joining data from 2 or more tables (JOINS) (29 minutes)||Why Joins?|
|Left Outer Join|
|Right Outer Join|
|Full Outer Join|
|Joining the 3rd table|
|Joining the 4th table and so on…|
|Adding filters to Joins|
|Lab 8 (Exercises with Answers)|
|13.||Functions available for us to use… (17 minutes)||DUAL (What is this?)|
|Why do we need functions?|
|NUMBER related functions|
|CHARACTER related functions|
|DATE related functions|
|Lab 9 (Exercises with Answers)|
|14.||Interesting THINGS!!! (14 minutes)||IF THEN ELSE (CASE statement)|
|Alternative Name (ALIAS name)|
|15.||Data Definition Language (DDL) (12 minutes)||Let’s create a table (CREATE)|
|Let’s change the structure of a table (ALTER)|
|Let’s delete the table (DROP)|
|Create Table AS – CTAS|
|Lab 11 (Exercises with Answers)|
|16.||Data Manipulation Language (DML) (17 minutes)||COMMIT and ROLLBACK|
|Insert data into a table (INSERT)|
|Delete data from a table (DELETE)|
|Modify existing data in a table (UPDATE)|
|Delete all the data from a table (TRUNCATE)|
|Lab 12 (Exercises with Answers)|
|17.||Lets put some restrictions on a table (Constraints) (27 minutes)||Why constraints?|
|No empty data allowed (NOT NULL)|
|No Duplicate data (UNIQUE)|
|What is NOT NULL + UNIQUE = PRIMARY KEY|
|Accept only few values (CHECK)|
|Check data in other table before inserting/deleting (FOREIGN KEY)|
|Constraints on multiple columns|
|Adding constraints to an existing table|
|More operations on Constraints…|
|Lab 13 (Exercises with Answers)|
|18.||Views (17 minutes)||Why Views?|
|Lets modify an existing view|
|Lets update View Data|
|Create View from more than 1 Table|
|Lab 14 (Exercises with Answers)|
|19.||Other Database Objects (06 minutes)||Alternative name for Objects (SYNONYMS)|
|Series of Numbers (SEQUENCE)|
|20.||Giving Permissions to other users (GRANT) (07 minutes)||I like him (GRANT)|
|I don’t like him (REVOKE)|
|List of all GRANT’s|
|21.||SUB Queries (26 minutes)||What is a SUB Query?|
|Sub queries on multiple columns (Pairwise Comparision)|
|Sub queries on multiple columns (Non-Pairwise Comparision)|
|Sub queries in the FROM clause|
|Sub queries in the WITH clause|
|Scalar Sub queries|
|Correlated SUB Query|
|22.||Advanced Topics – Index (10 minutes)||Book Index??|
|Lets create an Index…|
|Dropping and Renaming an Index|
|23.||Bonus: Lets Recap with a 5 Step Process (15 minutes)||Scripts for this Section|
|Step 1: Let’s Select all the columns needed…|
|Step 2: Let’s add the necessary Filters…|
|Step 3: Let’s perform the Grouping…|
|Step 4: Let’s perform Filtering at Group level…|
|Step 5: Lets Sort the data…|
|Recap the 10 things we have done…|
|24.||Where to Go From Here (00 seconds)||Project Work|
|Advanced Database concepts you can explore!!!|
- Any student who is familiar with computer operations should have no trouble understanding this course.
Bhavya Sriramdas (5/5) : Excellent starter or skill brush up course offered by the instructor. Very detailed but to the point explanation.
- Satish (5/5) : He understands the business needs & interpreted the students needs ,So aligned this course perfectly.
- Manish Thapa (5/5) : Weather you know some basics or don’t know any thing about about Oracle SQL, this course is the perfect place to start.
- Anthony Boulanger (4/5) : Critique constructive (le cours est excellent, mais quelques points tout de même): Rythme est très bon pour la première moitié du cours, mais alors que la matière devient plus complexe, le rythme accélère, ce qui est contre-intuitif.
- Chukwuemeka Jude Amattah (5/5) : The instructor is one of the best instructors i have ever seen in my Life.
- Zine (2/5) : No I am disappointed because the installations assume I know a lot about them when I do not know anything.
- Felix Iacob (2/5) : Course is well explained , however when i start to install the oracle and the tools the version was outdated i have sent an email for help but never got any response.
- Shannon Wojcik (2/5) : His cursor has a yellow glow that makes it impossible to see what is under/around it.
- Alexandru Robert DRAGOMIR (1/5) : He talks extremely slow so I think the 6 hours class does not contain a lot of information.
About the Author
The instructor of this course is Amarnath Reddy who is a Oracle Architect & Best Selling Instructor. With 4.5 Instructor Rating and 27,624 Reviews on Udemy, Amarnath Reddy offers 9 Courses and has taught 119,207 Students so far.
- Amarnath holds a master’s degree in computer science and has worked in the IT sector for around 15 years with clients in South Africa, India, and the USA, he has successfully created and implemented projects.
- His current area of interest is Datawarehouse Architecture.
- Amarnath, who established the field of data architecture, is currently employed with a Fortune 500 company in the United States.
- His original and straightforward architectural designs have received praise within the industry.
- Currently, he uses business intelligence tools, big data, social media, mobile technology, and the Internet of Things to help companies optimise and modernise their IT environments.
- He also adds leadership and technical skills to the table.
|Parameters||Oracle SQL – Step by Step SQL||SQL Tuning||SQL Advanced|
|Offers||INR 499 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||5.5 hours||3 hours||5 hours|
|Instructors||Amarnath Reddy||Amarnath Reddy||Amarnath Reddy|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|