“SQL – MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence” is for anyone willing to learn SQL from the basic to the advanced level. SQL is a lucrative career. The course will allow the learner to get a deeper understanding of SQL with analytical reasoning.
It also teaches various ways to work with real-life databases and shows the importance of SQL for business intelligence and data analytics. Currently, Udemy is offering the course for up to 87% off i.e. INR 455
(INR 3,499). This Udemy course also comes with course notes, downloadable exercises and quiz questions.
|Course Name||SQL – MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence|
|Student Enrollment||1.87 lakhs|
|Course Level (Resources Required)||Beginner (Requires Installation & Setup of MySQL and Tableau Public on Windows/macOS/Linux)|
|Total Student Reviews||0.46 lakhs|
|1.||Introduction to databases, SQL and MySQL (14 Minutes)||Why SQL?, Why MySQL, Introduction to databases|
|2.||SQL theory (21 Minutes)||SQL as a declarative language|
|Data Definition Language (DDL)|
|DATA manipulation Language (DML)|
|Data Control Language|
|Transaction Control Language (TCL)|
|3.||Basic database terminology (35 Minutes)||Relational database essentials|
|Databases vs spreadsheets|
|Relational schemas – Primary key|
|Relational schemas – Foreign key|
|Relational Schemas – Unique key|
|Relational Schemas – Relationships|
|4.||Installing MySQL and getting acquainted with the interface (27 Minutes)||Installing MySQL|
|Setting up a connection|
|New Authentication Plugin – Creating a New User|
|Introduction to the MySQL interface|
|5.||First steps in SQL (43 Minutes)||Creating a Database – Part I, II, III|
|Introduction to data types, String data types, Integers, Fixed and floating-point data types, Other useful data types, Creating a table|
|Using databases and tables, Additional notes on using tables|
|6.||My SQL constraints (36 Minutes)||PRIMARY KEY constraint, FOREIGN KEY constraint – Part I, II and III, UNIQUE Constraint, DEFAULT Constraint, NOT NULL Constraint – Part I, II and III.|
|7.||SQL best practices (10 Minutes)||Coding techniques and best practices – Part I and II.|
|8.||Loading the ‘employees’ database (3 Minutes)||Loading the ’employees’ database|
|9.||SQL SELECT statement (1 Hour 12 Minutes)||SELECT – FROM, WHERE, AND, OR, Operator precedence, IN – NOT IN, LIKE – NOT LIKE, Wildcard characters, BETWEEN – AND, IS NOT NULL – IS NULL|
|Other comparison operators, SELECT DISTINCT, Introduction to aggregate functions, ORDER BY, GROUP BY|
|Using Aliases (AS), HAVING, WHERE vs HAVING- Part I and II, LIMIT|
|10.||SQL INSERT Statement (13 Minutes)||The INSERT statement – Part I and II, Inserting data INTO a new table|
|11.||SQL UPDATE Statement (10 Minutes)||TCL’s COMMIT and ROLLBACK, The UPDATE Statement – Part I and II|
|12.||SQL DELETE Statement (9 Minutes)||The DELETE Statement – Part I and II, DROP vs TRUNCATE vs DELETE|
|13.||MySQL – Aggregate functions (20 Minutes)||COUNT(), SUM(), MIN() and MAX(), AVG(), ROUND(), IFNULL() and COALESCE(), Another Example of Using COALESCE(), Another example of using COALESCE()|
|14.||SQL Joins (1 Hour 18 Minutes)||Introduction to JOINs, INNER JOIN – Part I and II, A Note on Using Joins, Duplicate Records, LEFT JOIN – Part I and II, RIGHT JOIN, The new and the old join syntax|
|JOIN and WHERE Used Together, CROSS JOIN, Using Aggregate Functions with Joins, JOIN more than two tables in SQL, Tips and tricks for joins, UNION vs UNION ALL.|
|15.||SQL Subqueries (17 Minutes)||SQL Subqueries with IN nested inside WHERE, SQL Subqueries with EXISTS-NOT EXISTS nested inside WHERE, SQL Subqueries nested in SELECT and FROM,|
|16.||SQL Self Join (8 Minutes)||Self Join|
|17.||SQL Views (7 Minutes)||Views|
|18.||Stored routines (49 Minutes)||Introduction to stored routines, THE MySQL syntax for the stored procedures, Stored procedures – Example – Part I and II, Another way to create a procedure, Stored procedures with an input parameter, Variables, User-defined functions in MySQL, Error Code: 1418, Stored routines – conclusion|
|19.||Advanced SQL Topics (45 Minutes)||Types of MySQL Variables – Local Variables, Session Variables, Global Variables, User-Defined vs System Variables, MySQL Triggers, MySQL Indexes, The CASE Statement,|
|20.||Combining SQL and Tableau – Introduction (16 Minutes)||The Advantages of Software Integration, Why Combining SQL and Tableau is useful, Installing Tableau Public, Loading the ’employees_mod’ Database.|
|21.||Combining SQL and Tableau – Task 1 (27 Minutes)||Task 1, Task 1: SQL Solution, Transferring a Dataset from SQL to Tableau, Chart 1: Visualizing and Analyzing the Solution in Tableau – Part I, Chart 1: Visualizing and Analyzing the Solution in Tableau – Part II.|
|22.||Combining SQL and Tableau – Task 2 (14 Minutes)||Task 2, Task 2: SQL Solution, Chart 2: Visualizing and Analyzing the Solution in Tableau.|
|23.||Combining SQL and Tableau – Task 3 (11 Minutes)||Task 3, Task 3: SQL Solution, Chart 3: Visualizing and Analyzing the Solution in Tableau.|
|24||Combining SQL and Tableau – Task 4 (9 Minutes)||Task 4, Task 4: Solution in SQL, Chart 4: Visualizing and Analyzing the Solution in Tableau.|
|25.||Combining SQL and Tableau – Task 5 (6 Minutes)||Task 5: Organizing Charts 1-4 into a Beautiful Dashboard using Tableau|
|26.||Practice SQL – 10 Final Query Questions (1 Minute)||Practice SQL – 10 Final Query Questions|
- Installing MySQL and Tableau Public on Windows, macOS and Unix systems
- Stable Internet Connection
|Parameters||SQL – MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence||Statistics for Data Science and Business Analytics|
|Offers||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||11 hours||5 hours|
|Student Enrollments||1.87 lakhs||1.39 lakhs|
|Instructors||365 Careers||365 Careers|
|Level||Beginner (Requires Installation & Setup of MySQL and Tableau Public on Windows/macOS/Linux)||Beginner|
|Topics covered||SQL theory, SQL best practices, Advanced SQL topics, SQL Joins, SQL Views||Fundamentals of descriptive of statistics, distribution, hypothesis testing, fundamentals of regression analysis|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|
|The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert||Mastering Data Structures & Algorithms using C and C++|
Have a look at the students’ review for the “SQL – My SQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence” course:
- Ashwin K. (5.0/5) “I didn’t even know what is SQL to begin with, coming from a mechanical background I was very nervous while taking up this course but after the course got completed I am fairly happy that I took up this course. It was fun, informative and I believe that I have gained some useful amount of knowledge to start a new career path.”
- Priyen S. (5.0/5) “This has been the most effective and comprehensive course that I’ve come across for SQL. The instructor has taken genuine efforts to build this in a way to make SQL accessible for everyone. This course has no match, and it starts from the very zero basics and touches an advanced level. If one takes this course with patience, one can master SQL and does not need any other courses ever. Thank you so much for delivering this masterpiece to us.”
- Shaloy Elshan L. (5.0/5) “Enjoyed every bit of this course, especially the practice problems, and the section which involved data visualization using Tableau. Also the coursework is beginner friendly. Would recommend this course to anyone who is looking to learn SQL for business analytics as a beginner.”
- Pravin M. (5.0/5) “I love the detailed way of explanation at each and every step in each lecture. Me being totally new to SQL has now become comfortable after completing only 60% of course. I am very confident that by the time I complete 100% I will be very confident. The best part is the Q&A section where I get the answers of most of my queries.”
- Anil Kumar P. (5.0/5) “A well organized course for data science aspirants to gain SQL knowledge. All the concepts are thorough and neatly explained. I will practice to more to improve my SQL for data science skills.”
- Purna C. (4.0/5) “It’s very useful for the learning of SQL, whereas the Tableau part is little lesser when comparative to the SQL. Pls focus on it more in further as it is the key part for the Business Intelligence.”
- Yash N. (4.0/5) “The course gives an enormous amount of knowledge on the working of SQL. but there is something which needs to be taken care of, few modules seem to be going at really fast pace which makes it difficult to grasp the information. adding details to them and giving more exercise practice would make definetly improve the course content.”
- Mukesh S. (4.0/5) “If more practice questions would have added along with explaining the topics then it would be a great rest it’s an ‘Awesome’ explanation thanks.”
- Sangamesh M. (3.0/5) “Covers almost everything in SQL but only missing part is that the course does not cover working with string datatype such as wildcard and searches on string fields.”
- Puneet K. (3.0/5) “Not discussed abut direct connection with website. How to create realtime order tracking in tableau for an ecommerce website?”
Similar Udemy Courses
SQL – MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence: FAQs
Ques. What is the fee for the course?
Ans. The course is offered at INR 3,499 but currently, the course can be accessed for INR 455.
Ques. What will I learn in the course?
Ans. You will learn how to code in SQL; how to create, design and operate with SQL databases; handle complex SQL databases and many more.
Ques. What is the duration of the courses?
Ans. The duration of the course is 11 hours.
Ques. Is there a certification from Udemy?
Ans. Yes, upon successful completion of the course, the learners will be given a certificate of completion.
Ques. What is the rating?
Ans. The course’s rating is 4.6/5.