The ‘Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS): 2022 Edition Course’ focuses on the creation of reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). By the end of this course, students will be able to select report components, identify data sources and parameters, design a grouping structure, and create drill-down reports. The students will also be able to implement a report layout and add interactive features to the reports.
The course has recently been re-recorded using Visual Studio 2022. The course teaches every concept from scratch, but some familiarity with T-SQL would be useful. The course is usually available for INR 2,799 on Udemy but students can click on the link and get the ‘Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS): 2022 Edition Course’ for INR 449.
Who all can opt for this course?
- Candidates who want to learn how to write reports with SSRS.
- The instructor will use the standalone version of SQL Server, so students don’t require SharePoint installed on their PC.
- The instructor will talk about the similarities and differences between SSDT (the stand-alone version) and Report Builder (SharePoint).
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 449 (|
|Student Enrollment||19,513 students|
|Instructor||Phillip Burton https://www.linkedin.com/in/phillipburton|
|Topics Covered||Creation of reports, formatting, conditional formatting, graphical reports, object properties, functions.|
|Total Student Reviews||3,616|
- Creation of reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Students can download a free edition of SQL Server to practise making reports on their own.
- The course will help to create a report integrate report layouts, and add interactive features to the reports.
|1.||Introduction, and download SSRS (09 minutes)||Introduction|
|Welcome to Udemy|
|Introduction to Udemy|
|Do you want auto-translated subtitles in more languages?|
|Should I install Visual Studio? If so, what version?|
|2.||Installing SQL Server and Visual Studio (44 minutes)||Downloading SQL Server Developer 2022|
|Installing SQL Server Developer 2022|
|Installing SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)|
|Installing Visual Studio 2022|
|Installing SSRS in Visual Studio 2022|
|Is your Visual Studio a trial version? No!|
|Different Types of SSRS, including Report Builder’s integration with SharePoint.|
|3.||Preparing to create reports (24 minutes)||Opening SSRS|
|Where is AdventureWorks?|
|Downloading and Installing AdventureWorks|
|Exploring data source|
|Creating shared dataset|
|4.||Creating our first report (33 minutes)||Creating a report using Report Wizard|
|Preview your report|
|Practice Activity Number 1|
|Practice Activity Number 1 – The Solution|
|Problems adding an item?|
|Recreating our report, not using the Report Wizard|
|Practice Activity Number 2|
|Practice Activity Number 2 – The Solution|
|5.||Formatting, sorting and grouping, visibility and table headers (33 minutes)||Standard Number Formatting|
|Custom Number Formatting|
|Sort and Group|
|Visibility and Table Headers|
|Practice Activity Number 3|
|Practice Activity Number 3 – The Solution|
|6.||Creating a drillthrough report (24 minutes)||Creating a Categorised report|
|Adding a parameter to your report|
|Creating hyperlinks from one report to another|
|Practice Activity Number 4|
|Practice Activity Number 4 – The Solution|
|7.||More advanced techniques (22 minutes)||Adding a subreport|
|Page Headers and Footers|
|Adding drop-down list to parameters|
|Allow multiple values to be selected in parameters|
|Allowing NULLs in parameters|
|Practice Activity Number 5|
|Practice Activity Number 5 – Solution|
|8.||Conditional Formatting, Indicators, Gauges, Totals, Interactive Sorting, Doc Map (30 minutes)||Conditional Formatting|
|Interactive Sorting and Document Map|
|Practice Activity Number 6|
|Practice Activity Number 6 – Solution|
|9.||Graphical reports (25 minutes)||Creating a pie chart|
|Expanding the pie chart|
|Creating a bar chart|
|Expanding the chart and adding a Matrix|
|10.||Object Properties (41 minutes)||Creating a new Employee Report|
|Border and Fill Properties|
|Other Text Box Properties|
|Group and Tablix Properties|
|11.||Functions (41 minutes)||Program Flow Functions (IIF, CHOOSE, SWITCH)|
|Date and time functions|
|12.||Conclusion (08 minutes)||Recap|
- Some of the bonus lectures will require some familiarity with T-SQL, although these lectures are optional.
- The instructor will demonstrate how to download and install SQL Server.
Jerrold Revell (5/5): Excellent material and the presentation is easy to follow. I highly recommend this course. The updates are extremely helpful and provide useful knowledge. The additional videos is just an added bonus to an excellent course.
- Dean Lawton (5/5): Absolutely excellent course and instructor! I wish that I had access to this training course two years ago.
- Kathryn Kilpatrick (4/5): Great information! Audio quality seemed to take a dip toward the end of the course, though.
- Marcos Leite (4/5): I get it I can create gauges and charts and do wonderful things with it, but that does not help me deliver the report to the user.
- Keith S. Safford (5/5): Now, time to create some projects on my own to see if I can remember all the steps and properties for all the controls!!
- Murray P. (3.5/5): A few more practice activities in the final sections of this course would have made it better.
- Cara M. (3/5): Some sections were cut short, the video editing had overlapping or missing audio. Also, the presenter moved way too fast for me to follow along. I had to pause and rewind every 10 seconds. It felt like the lessons were more rushed toward the end and there were no practice activities toward the end.
- Harold F. (3/5): Although the instructions said that the training was compatible with Report Builder, I found that not to be the case. For instance, Report Builder does not allow me to create shared datasets, nor can I have projects where I can work on multiple reports at the same time. As a result, a lot of this did not apply to me and I was unable to do the exercises.
About the Author
Phillip Burton is the instructor of this course. With a 4.5 instructor rating and 96,467 reviews on Udemy, he offers 48 courses and has taught 616,068 students so far.
- Phillip has been teaching on Udemy since 2015. He has over 6 lakh students and more than 40 courses, including the best sellers.
- He designs courses on topics like Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.), Azure, and Microsoft Office.
- The majority of his courses follow requirements similar to the official Microsoft certification so students can pass the exam and put it on their resume.
- He has experience in developing computer systems and performing data analysis as a computing consultant.
- He is one of the nine award-winning experts for the 11th Annual Expert Awards from Experts Exchange.
- He likes working with data, including using Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL Server, and the Power Platform.
|Parameters||Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS): 2022 Edition||SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) – An Introduction||SQL Server SSAS (Multidimensional MDX) – an Introduction|
|Offers||INR 449 (||INR 449 (||INR 449 (|
|Duration||5.5 hours||4 hours||8 hours|
|Instructors||Phillip Burton||Phillip Burton||Phillip Burton|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|