Master SQL for Data Science is a project-based course that is designed to teach the skills and tools needed to extract insights from a database. The course follows a practical-based approach where students work on more than 100 puzzles throughout and practice analyzing SQL queries.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. The instructor starts from the basics and moves into advanced concepts such as subqueries, aggregations, joins, rollups and cubes, window functions, etc. The courses are usually available at INR 3,499 on Udemy but you can click now to get 87% off and get Master SQL for Data Science Course for INR 449.
Who all can opt for this course?
- Anyone looking to enter the field of Data Science or Analysis
- Anyone who wants to master SQL queries
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 449 (|
|Student Enrollment||48,350 students|
|Instructor||Imtiaz Ahmad https://www.linkedin.com/in/imtiazahmad|
|Topics Covered||What is a Database, Installing Postgres, Creating Tables, SELECT Statement, WHERE Clause, AND & OR|
|Total Student Reviews||11,452|
- To query the database and discover vital information about the data, create sophisticated SQL statements
- Practice each step by solving more than 100 puzzles (with solutions)
- Make the transition from the very basics to the point where you can work with large SQL queries without any hassle
- Master advanced querying methods
- Learn to develop SQL as a Master
|1.||Course Overview (04 minutes)||Course Overview|
|2.||Database Basics (01 hour 06 minutes)||What is a Database|
|How to Proceed in this Course|
|Dedicated TA Support|
|Install Postgres Database on Mac|
|Install Postgres on Windows|
|Create Table and Insert Statements|
|Data file that will be used in the course (IMPORTANT)|
|Prepare the Database|
|Assignment 1: Create More Tables and Populate Data|
|3.||SQL Query Basics (01 hour 21 minutes)||Introducing the SELECT Statement|
|Filter Data Using the WHERE Clause + AND & OR|
|Filtering Operators – IN, NOT IN, IS NULL, BETWEEN|
|[EXERCISES]: WHERE Clause and Operators|
|ORDER BY, LIMIT, DISTINCT and Renaming Columns|
|Assignment 2: Practice Writing Basic Queries (5 Problems)|
|4.||Using Functions (45 minutes)||UPPER(), LOWER(), LENGTH(), TRIM() + Boolean Expressions & Concatenation|
|String Functions: SUBSTRING(), REPLACE(), POSITION() and COALESCE()|
|Grouping Functions: MIN(), MAX(), AVG(), SUM(), COUNT()|
|Assignment 3: Practice with Functions, Conditional Expressions and Concatenation|
|5.||Grouping Data and Computing Aggregates (42 minutes)||Understanding Grouping|
|GROUP BY & HAVING Clauses|
|[EXERCISES]: Using GROUP BY and HAVING Clauses|
|Assignment 4: Practice Aggregation Queries|
|6.||Using Subqueries (01 hour 16 minutes)||Aliasing Sources of Data|
|Subqueries Continued + [EXERCISES]|
|Subqueries with ANY and ALL Operators + [EXERCISES]|
|[EXERCISES]: More Practice with Subqueries|
|Assignment 5: Practice with Subqueries|
|7.||Using the CASE Clause in Interesting Ways (40 minutes)||Conditional Expressions Using CASE Clause + [EXERCISES]|
|Transposing Data using the CASE Clause + [EXERCISES]|
|Assignment 6: Practice Using Case and Transposing Data|
|8.||Advanced Query Techniques using Correlated Subqueries (37 minutes)||Understanding Correlated Subqueries|
|[EXERCISES]: Correlated Subqueries Continued|
|9.||Working with Multiple Tables (01 hour 32 minutes)||Introducing Table Joins|
|INNER and OUTER Joins + [EXERCISES]|
|Using UNION, UNION ALL and EXCEPT Clauses + [EXERCISES]|
|Cartesian Product with the CROSS JOIN|
|[EXERCISES]: Joins and Subqueries Continued|
|Creating Views vs. Inline Views|
|Assignment 7: ADVANCED Problems using Joins, Grouping and Subqueries|
|10.||Window Functions for Analytics (01 hour 11 minutes)||Window Functions using the OVER() Clause|
|Ordering Data in Window Frames|
|RANK, FIRST_VALUE, and NTILE Functions|
|Working with LEAD and LAG Functions|
|Working with Rollups and Cubes|
|11.||Difficult Query Challenges (04 minutes)||Challenging Puzzles For the Brave|
|Get Access to All of my current and future courses!|
- There are no prerequisites for this course
Nilesh Salvi (4/5): This was an excellent course and I feel that I have learned a lot. If all the illustrations were from the real world, it would have been better.
- Rahul Kumar (5/5): This is the best course I have ever come across for SQL.
- Martin Broz (5/5): Excellent course! I work as a product manager and this course helped me get started with SQL.
- Anonymized User (5/5): It was an awesome journey to learn SQL from an instructor like Imtiaz sir.
- Deepeshkumar Malviya (5/5): The content is superbly crafted for even a beginner to understand core concepts.
- Andrew Walsh (2/5): No comment about hard coding countries to regions in lecture 34.
- Raymond Yau (1/5): VERY annoying, and many others have reported the same over a month ago, at least fix these buggy issues???
- George Musick (1/5): When this happens Udemy should take the course down and stop accepting money.
- Yana Kryvoshey (1/5): I expected a higher level in the difficult of the study
About the Author
The instructor of this course is Imtiaz Ahmad who is a Senior Software Engineer & Trainer at Job Ready Programmer. With a 4.5 instructor rating and 1,04,797 reviews on Udemy, he offers 12 courses and has taught 3,97,470 students so far.
- Imtiaz is a highly skilled educator on Udemy who has won awards.
- He has extensive knowledge of big data technologies and business software designs.
- Imtiaz has devoted a significant amount of time to developing financial software on Wall Street, working with organizations like S&P, Goldman Sachs, AOL, and JP Morgan as well as assisting other startups in resolving pressing software issues.
- He is the founder of Job Ready Programmer, an online programming academy that trains students from various backgrounds to become skilled, marketable software developers.
|Parameters||Master SQL For Data Science||Advanced SQL: The Ultimate Guide||The Complete Oracle SQL Certification Course|
|Offers||INR 455 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||9.5 hours||13.5 hours||16.5 hours|
|Rating||4.6 /5||4.4 /5||4.6 /5|
|Instructors||Imtiaz Ahmad||Oracle Master Training | 175,000+ Students Worldwide||Imtiaz Ahmad|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|
Master SQL for Data Science: FAQs
Ques. What should I learn in SQL for Data Science?
Ans. The majority of SQL coursework includes lessons on creating queries for relational databases. A dataset can be cleaned up and organized more easily by using queries to search through it. Data scientists can filter, organize, and sort data using queries, and they can also get descriptive statistics back.
Ques. Can I learn SQL in 4 days?
Ans. An average learner should be able to acquire the fundamentals of SQL and begin using SQL databases in roughly two to three weeks. But you’ll need to become pretty fluent with them before you can start employing them successfully in everyday situations, and that takes time.
Ques. What is the fastest way to learn SQL?
Ans. – Look for a YouTube tutorial. YouTube is a good place to start if you want to learn SQL as quickly as possible. – Enroll in a Free Course. Some people favor structured learning environments. – Obtain Certification. For the most part, working with SQL won’t require a college degree.
Ques. Do I need to learn SQL for Data Science?
Ans. Being able to collect and deal with data is one of the skills needed to be a successful data scientist, and in order to do that, you need to be well-versed in SQL, the common language for interacting with database systems.
Ques. Is SQL very hard to learn?
Ans. Because SQL is a fairly easy language, students can anticipate learning the fundamentals in two to three weeks. However, if you intend to use your SQL knowledge for job purposes, you’ll likely require a higher level of fluency.