The ‘How To Begin Your Career As a SQL Server DBA’ course guide you on how to begin your journey as a SQL Server DBA. T-SQL, Table Properties, Server Security, and DBA job roles are some of the main concepts taught in this course.
The course contains 40 lectures including additional resources. The course is usually available for INR 2,799 on Udemy but you can click on the link and get the ‘How To Begin Your Career As a SQL Server DBA’ for INR 499.
Who all can opt for this course?
- This course is open to anyone with a basic understanding of computers.
- This course is for you if you’re considering a career as a SQL Server DBA or developer.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 499 (|
|Student Enrollment||52,738 students|
|Instructor||Mike West https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewest|
|Topics Covered||SQL, T-SQL, Database Concepts|
|Total Student Reviews||2,874|
- You will know what IT positions are entry-level roles for SQL Server DBAs.
- You will learn how to navigate job descriptions that are relevant to your level of experience.
- You discover what a DBA’s day-to-day routine entails.
|1.||What Does A SQL Server DBA Do? Let’s Define The Various Roles. (25 minutes)||This Course Is About How To Start Our DBA Journey|
|Is This Course For You? Should You Take This Course?|
|I’ve Been A Production DBA For Over A Decade. Let Me Show You How To Start.|
|The Truth About Your First Job. Think Windows Administrator or Developer.|
|What Is A Relational Database? How Do The Tables Relate To One Another?|
|The ACID Properties. Pay Attention Here. Memorize The Bolded Definition.|
|The Various Jobs That Fall Under The SQL Server DBA Umbrella.|
|A Look Into The Daily Routine. A Day In The Life Of A Production DBA.|
|What Interest’s You? The Two Forks In The Road.|
|Let’s Wrap Up This Section. A Brief Summary of What We’ve Learned.|
|Section 1 Quiz|
|2.||Installation and Configuration. Let’s Talk About Versions and Do An Install. (09 minutes)||Let’s Download SQL Server Express. The Free Version.|
|What Are The Editions of SQL Server? Each Release Has Different Editions.|
|The System Databases|
|SQL Server Configuration Manager. A Definition and Some Terminology.|
|Section 2 Summary|
|Section 2 Quiz|
|3.||Working With The Table Object. Let’s Talk About The Most Important Object. (18 minutes)||Let’s Walk Through The SQL Panes. Most DBAs Like Only Three.|
|Table Basics Part 1|
|Table Basics Part 2|
|What Are Data Types. We Define Our Structured Data Using Data Types|
|How Is Data Stored In SQL Server. Let’s Talk About Pages and Extents.|
|Section 3 Summary|
|Section 3 Quiz|
|4.||Transact-SQL. The Language of SQL Server. We Need To Speak It. (10 minutes)||Data Manipulation Language VS Data Definition Langague|
|The Very Basics Of The SELECT Statement. This Is Where We Start.|
|DML – The BIG 4. SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE.|
|Section 4 Summary|
|Section 4 Quiz|
|5.||Security. Let’s Talk About The Fundamentals of SQL Server Security. (08 minutes)||We First Need To Create A Login. Then Create The User At The Database Level|
|Section 5 Summary|
|Section 5 Quiz|
|6.||Backing Up and Restoring. The Most Important Thing You’ll Do as a DBA (38 minutes)||Basic Database Architecture|
|What Are Recovery Models?|
|What Are The Backup Options For A SQL Server Database|
|Why The Full Backup Is So Important|
|Full Backup: Demonstration|
|Differential Backup: Demonstration|
|Transaction Log Backup: Demonstration|
|Creating A Very Simple Maintenance Plan For Our Backups|
|Removing Unwanted Backup and Log Files|
|Backup Strategies For Real World Boxes|
|Section 6 Summary|
|Section 6 Quiz|
|7.||Conclusion. Let’s Talk About What We’ve Learned. (40 seconds)||Congratulations and Thank You!|
|Bonus Lecture “10 Things Every Production SQL Server Should have”|
- Anyone with rudimentary computer knowledge can take this course.
- This course doesn’t require any prerequisites.
- All of the course materials are available for free download as part of the lessons.
Ronald Yarnick (5/5) : Excellent intro course for anyone wanting to get started as a SQL DBA.
- Robert Gallardo (4/5) : I think this is a perfect match for what i am looking for.
- Shweta S (5/5) : Awesome one with lot of details on each position in organization
- Anonymized User (5/5) : very good over view and helping me to target a specialization within the DBA environment
- Noah Mohammed (5/5) : Yes its a very good way to start off your DBA career.
- DanKnight (2/5) : The instructor is very knowledgable, but lacks the personality – or at least how it comes across in the course – to teach. He’s too slow on some basics and doesn’t explain some more complicated topics.
- Uchenna O. (1/5) : the teacher’s pace was fast and he wasn’t quite audible for me as a non-native English speaker. He can also do better by adding more life to his mode of delivery.
- Katherine O. (1.5/5) : The instructor has not yet told us what suite we are working in to create the tables, but he has jumped ahead and taught us about creating a parent table and a child table and the primary and foreign keys.
- Md Zaherul I. (1/5) : Bad Sound quality.
About the Author
The instructor of this course is Mike West who is a Creator of LogikBot. With 4.2 Instructor Rating and 20,489 Reviews on Udemy, Mike West offers 50 Courses and has taught 242,173 Students so far.
- Mike West established LogikBot.
- Both Microsoft and Uber have employed Mike West.
- For Microsoft’s Data Science Certifications, Mike West assisted in the course design.
- For more than 20 years, Mike West worked with databases.
- Almost 50 different companies have hired Mike West as a full-time employee or as a consultant.
- Mike West moved to the fascinating field of applied machine learning five years ago.
|Parameters||How To Begin Your Career As a SQL Server DBA||Oracle SQL Developer: Mastering its Features + Tips & Tricks||How You Can Master the Fundamentals of Transact-SQL|
|Offers||INR 499 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||2 hours||3.5 hours||2 hours|
|Instructors||Mike West||Carlos from Standout-Dev Academy||Mike West|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|