‘SQL & PostgreSQL for Beginners: Become an SQL Expert’ course will teach you how to create a database from scratch. The course help you to understand database concepts such as database relationships and also teaches to perform complex SQL queries using joins and subqueries.
The course is updated frequently with new concepts. The course is usually available for INR 2,799 on Udemy but you can click on the link and get the ‘SQL & PostgreSQL for Beginners: Become an SQL Expert’ for INR 499.
Who all can opt for this course?
- Anyone who wants to study PostgreSQL or SQL
- Aspirants new to PostgreSQL and has a working familiarity of SQL
- Anyone interested in learning more about databases
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 499 (|
|Student Enrollment||28,704 students|
|Instructor||Jon Avis – SQL Instructor|
|Topics Covered||SQL, PostgreSQL, Database Concepts, String Functions|
|Total Student Reviews||5,948|
- How to build a database from nothing.
- Do data analysis using SQL.
- Use joins and subqueries to execute sophisticated SQL queries.
- Be familiar with database concepts such as database relationships.
- Have confidence listing PostgreSQL and SQL on your resume.
|1.||Course Introduction (02 minutes)||Course Introduction|
|A Few Notes on this Course|
|2.||Introduction to Databases, SQL and PostgreSQL (20 minutes)||What is a Database?|
|Relational Databases and SQL|
|Installing PostgreSQL for Mac|
|Installing PostgreSQL for Windows|
|3.||SQL & PostgreSQL : Data Definition Language – Creating Our Movie Database (01 hour 15 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Data Types Explained|
|Primary Keys and Foreign Keys|
|Unique, Not Null and Check Constraints|
|Creating Our First Table|
|Creating the Actors Table|
|Creating a Table with a Foreign Key|
|Creating the Movie Revenues Table|
|Creating a Junction Table|
|Modifying Tables Part 1: Adding Columns|
|Modifying Tables Part 2: Changing a Columns Data Type|
|Deleting Tables from a Database|
|Challenge: Data Definition Language|
|Solution: Data Definition Language|
|4.||SQL & PostgreSQL: Data Manipulation Language (39 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Inserting Data into a Table|
|Updating Data in a Table|
|Deleting Data from a Table|
|Inserting Data into Our Movie Data Database|
|Challenge: Data Manipulation Language|
|Solution: Data Manipulation Language|
|5.||SQL & PostgreSQL : Retrieving Data from a Table – Select Queries (01 hour 40 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Challenge 1: Select Queries|
|Solution 1: Select Queries|
|In, Not In|
|Challenge 2: Select Queries|
|Solution 2: Select Queries|
|Limiting the Number of Results|
|Challenge 3: Select Queries|
|Solution 3: Select Queries|
|Setting a Column Name Alias|
|Challenge 4: Select Queries|
|Solution 4: Select Queries|
|6.||SQL & PostgreSQL : Aggregate Functions and Grouping Data (55 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Aggregate Functions Explained|
|Count Aggregate Functions|
|Sum Aggregate Function|
|Min and Max Aggregate Functions|
|Average Aggregate Functions|
|Challenge 1: Aggregate Functions|
|Solution 1: Aggregate Functions|
|Challenge 2: Aggregate Functions|
|Solution 2: Aggregate Functions|
|7.||Database Relationships (22 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|What Are Database Relationships?|
|One to One Relationships|
|One to Many Relationships|
|Many to Many Relationships|
|(Optional) Challenge: Database Relationships|
|Solution: Database Relationships|
|8.||SQL & PostgreSQL: Joining Tables (01 hour 50 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|SQL Joins Explained|
|Inner Joins Part 1|
|Inner Joins Part 2|
|Inner Joins Part 3|
|Challenge 1: Joins|
|Solution 1: Joins|
|Challenge 2: Joins|
|Solutions 2: Joins|
|Joining More Than Two Tables|
|Challenge 3: Joins|
|Solution 3: Joins|
|Challenge 4: Joins|
|Solution 4: Joins|
|Challenge 5: Joins|
|Solution 5: Joins|
|9.||SQL & PostgreSQL: Subqueries (47 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Uncorrelated Subqueries Part 1|
|Uncorrelated Subqueries Part 2|
|Challenge 1: Subqueries|
|Solution 1: Subqueries|
|Challenge 2: Subqueries|
|Solution 2: Subqueries|
|10.||SQL & PostgreSQL: String Functions (01 hour 16 minutes)||Section Introduction|
|Cloning a Database|
|Upper and Lower String Functions|
|Left and Right String Functions|
|Challenge 1: String Functions|
|Solution 1: String Functions|
|Split Part Function|
|Using the Cast Operator to Apply String Functions to Non-String Data Types|
|Challenge 2: String Functions|
|Solution 2: String Functions|
|11.||Bonus Material (14 seconds)||Bonus Lecture|
- No prior experience of PostgreSQL or SQL is required.
Aneta Kulig (5/5) : This was my first course at udemy. I did like the course and I’m really impressed of Jon’s talent. Thanks Jon for such a great course! Even there were some more complicated parts of the course you have great skills to explain very clearly even to the very beginners. Good luck and congrats!
- Ann Paul (5/5) : The challenges after each section is the best part of this course.
- Veeraswamy Yarramsetty (4/5) : The content was well organized and the training pace is also very good.
- James Carr (5/5) : Very good course on the SQL language and using and understanding PostgreSQL.
- Sergei Klykov (4/5) : Good course for getting knowledge of basics of SQL syntax and queries!
- Florian Martens (1/5) : I was very disappointed with this course and this is also the worst review I have given so far on Udemy.
- Florian Martens (1/5) : No word about how the data is processed within the database, everything is very shallow and it felt like learning from someone who is also learning and has not mastered the technology.
- Wayne Hall (2/5) : One is the lack of understanding why using an automatic sequence is a bad idea, in that it allow duplicate records, and the problems with that. It misses 3nf in that none of the columns are fully dependent on the primary key. It just creates a mess.
About the Author
The instructor of this course is Jon Avis who is a IT Systems Engineer and SQL Instructor. With 4.6 Instructor Rating and 5,948 Reviews on Udemy, Jon Avis offers 1 Course and has taught 28,704 Students so far.
- Jon Avis currently live and work in Hong Kong and is from UK.
- Jon Avis is an IT systems engineer in the banking sector.
|Parameters||SQL & PostgreSQL for Beginners: Become an SQL Expert||Complete beginners introduction to SQL||Learn SQL Using PostgreSQL: From Zero to Hero|
|Offers||INR 499 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||9 hours||4.5 hours||16 hours|
|Instructors||Jon Avis – SQL Instructor||Bluelime Learning Solutions||Will Bunker|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|