The ‘MySQL, SQL and Stored Procedures from Beginner to Advanced’ course is a complete guide to MySQL queries, database design, transactions and stored procedures. In this course you’ll begin by learning the basics of creating, querying and adding data to databases using SQL with MySQL.
This course will take you from beginner in SQL and MySQL to an advanced level. The course is usually available for INR 2,799 on Udemy but you can click on the link and get the ‘MySQL, SQL and Stored Procedures from Beginner to Advanced’ for INR 499.
Who all can opt for this course?
- Anyone who is interested to learn MySQL.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 499 (|
|Student Enrollment||22,995 students|
|Instructor||John Purcell https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnpurcell|
|Topics Covered||MySQL Operators, MySQL Data Types, MySQL Functions|
|Total Student Reviews||3,355|
- Database creation, querying, and updating.
- Utilize stored procedures, triggers, and views.
- Learn about database isolation levels and transactions.
- Know the security and users of the database.
|1.||Introduction (07 minutes)||Introducing MySQL|
|2.||Getting Started (01 hour 26 minutes)||Installing MySQL and the Workbench|
|Using the Command Line|
|Multiple Columns, int and Data Types|
|Null Values and Not Null|
|Mysql Storage Engines and Configuration|
|Deleting All the Data in a Table|
|Narrowing Down Select Statements|
|3.||Importing and Exporting Data (17 minutes)||Exporting and Importing Data|
|Exporting Using the Command Line|
|Importing Using the Command Line|
|4.||MySQL Operators (56 minutes)||Some Test Data|
|018 Exclusive Or|
|Exercises Part 1|
|Solutions Part 1|
|5.||Update, Order and Limit (14 minutes)||Beginning Update Statements|
|6.||MySQL Data Types (01 hour 38 minutes)||Mysql Types|
|Floating Point Types and Ints|
|The Bit Type|
|Time, Date and Year|
|Timestamp and Datetime|
|Brackets and Conditions Revisited|
|7.||Aggregate Functions and Grouping (01 hour 00 minutes)||The distinct keyword|
|Counting Distinct Values|
|Arithmetic in MySQL|
|The Health Survey Dataset|
|Having- Restricting Groups By Aggregate Functions|
|8.||Foreign Keys and Multiple Tables (02 hours 15 minutes)||Naming Columns and Tables|
|Joins and Cartesian Products|
|Left and Right Outer Joins|
|Joins on Multiple Tables|
|Querying Chains of Tables|
|One to Many and One to One|
|Many to Many|
|Joining Tables to Themselves|
|Restrict Foreign Keys|
|Cascade Foreign Keys|
|9.||Combining Queries (25 minutes)||Union and Union All|
|Subqueries with “in”|
|10.||Altering Schemas (22 minutes)||Adding Columns|
|Adding Foreign Keys|
|Indexes on Multiple Columns|
|11.||Users and Privileges (17 minutes)||Creating Users|
|12.||Views (26 minutes)||Creating a Simple View|
|With Check Option|
|13.||Locks and Transactions (02 hours 18 minutes)||Exclusive Table Locks|
|Shared Table Locks|
|Setting Variables with Selects|
|A Select-Update Example|
|Fixing Select-Updates with Table Locks|
|A Simple Transaction|
|InnoDB Row Locking and Isolation|
|ACID Isolation Levels|
|Serializable and Row vs Table Locking|
|Demonstrating the Other Isolation Levels|
|Rolling Back to Savepoints|
|The Account Transfer Problem|
|Select for Update|
|Lock in Share Mode|
|14.||MySQL Functions (01 hour 16 minutes)||String Functions|
|Dates, Intervals and Queries|
|Date Diff and Dayname|
|Str_To_Date and Date_Format|
|Control Flow Functions|
|15.||Stored Procedures (03 hours 24 minutes)||Introducing Stored Procedures|
|Changing the Delimiter|
|Editing Stored Procedures 2|
|Setting the Definer|
|Select Into Variables|
|The If Statement|
|Implementing Account Withdrawal|
|Errors and Warnings|
|Generating Random Data|
|A Data Generating Procedure|
|Fetching Cursor Data in a Loop|
|The Case Expression|
|Variable Scope and Multiple Cursors|
|16.||Triggers (45 minutes)||Introducing Triggers|
|Validating with Triggers|
|Triggers and Transactions|
|17.||User-Defined Functions (16 minutes)||Functions vs Procedures|
|18.||Visual Design (40 minutes)||Designing Databases Visually|
|Connecting with Java|
|Retrieving Data with Java|
|19.||Final Exercise (05 minutes)||Final Exercise|
- Both the free MySQL Workbench and the free MySQL Server Community Edition must be downloaded and installed.
Sim Zhi Hao Ridzuan (5/5) : Excellent course for a person like myself who has zero knowledge on SQL. Everything from start to end was explained clearly as well as the ‘why-do-this’ was anything but short of it. I wanted to say I felt this course could be shorter as I have experience in programming but after revising it, I’d say every section is needed. Overall good learning experience. Recommended for people who want to learn purely on SQL language and syntax, although he did introduce Java at the end as one of many programming language that are used with SQL.
- Chabrio François (5/5) : Excellent cours sur Mysql !!! Si vous êtes un(e) compl(et)(ète) débutant(e) dans ce domaine, vous serez entre de bonnes mains pour maîtriser tous les fondamentaux de ce programme.
- Doris Ivanov (3/5) : I would be best to start with downloads and file formats that can be imported in SQL.
- Shawn Russell (5/5) : This was one of the best resources to learn specifically how to handle Stored Procedures/Functions for a beginner.
- Tim Koerner (5/5) : John’s Udemy classes are probably the best that I have seen.
- M . (1/5) : – Q&A portion is dead! do not expect to get any help from this course at all.
- Aditya Pratap Singh (1/5) : The instructor simply skips the content and It’s difficult to pick what he is doing.
- Frank (2/5) : Hmm setting this up on your personal laptop or PC can be difficult and/or troublesome.
- Diane M Guidebeck (1/5) : I was expecting a beginner and learn as I advance, seems to bounce around and learning very little.
About the Author
The instructor of this course is John Purcell who is a Software Development Trainer. With 4.5 Instructor Rating and 189,358 Reviews on Udemy, John Purcell offers 19 Courses and has taught 2,603,190 Students so far.
- John Purcell chose to work full-time as a private software trainer after spending more than 14 years as a software developer and contractor for a variety of businesses, including CSC, Proquest, SPSS, and AT&T in the UK and Netherlands.
- John Purcell presently reside in Italy after four years in the lovely city of Budapest, Hungary, and a year in Berlin.
|Parameters||MySQL, SQL and Stored Procedures from Beginner to Advanced||The Complete MySQL Developer Course||SQL Tutorial: Learn SQL with MySQL Database -Beginner2Expert|
|Offers||INR 499 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||18.5 hours||10.5 hours||11 hours|
|Instructors||John Purcell||Rob Percival||Pradnyankur Nikam|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|