REST APIs with Flask and Python is a popular Udemy course under the Web Development category. It is rated as one of the best-selling REST API courses and is rated 4.6 stars out of 5. Currently, Udemy is offering the course for up to 87% off i.e. INR 455 (
The course acts as a guide to creating simple or advanced REST APIs. The course contains a Python refresher section to help complete beginners understand Python before they can learn about the REST APIs. Students will be able to create REST APIs using Python, Flask, and popular Flask extensions.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 455 (|
|Student Enrollment||1.07 lakhs|
|Instructor||Jose Salvatierra (Founder of Teclado and Software Engineer)|
|Topics Covered||REST APIs, Git, Heroku, Nginx, Flask-RESTful, Flask-JWT, and Flask-SQLAlchemy|
|Course Level (Resources Required)||Intermediate (Students should be familiar with basic Python programming)|
|Total Student Reviews||0.19 lakhs|
|1.||Introduction & A Full Python Refresher (5 hours 16 mins)||Install Python on Windows or Mac, Python Variables, List, Tuples, Sets, Booleans in Python|
|If statements, loops, Dictionaries, Function arguments and parameters, Lambda functions, Object-Oriented Programming, Relative imports in Python, Errors in Python|
|Simple decorators in Python, Decorators with parameters, Mutability in Python|
|2.||Your First REST API (1 hour 14 mins)||Installing Flask, HTTP Verbs, REST Principles, Creating our application endpoints|
|3.||Flask-RESTful for more efficient development (1 hour 35 mins)||Virtualenvs and setting up Flask-RESTful, Test-first API design, The ItemList and creating Items, Improving code and error control|
|Authentication and logging in, DELETE to delete Items, PUT to create or update Items, Advanced request parsing with Flask-RESTful|
|4.||Storing Resources in a SQL Database (1 hour 34 mins)||Running an SQLite database and interacting with it from Python|
|Logging in and retrieving users from a database, Signing up and writing users to a database|
|Preventing duplicate usernames when signing users up, Retrieving our Item resources from a database|
|Writing our Item resources to a database, Deleting our Item resources from the database|
|Refactoring insertion of items, The PUT method with database interaction, Retrieving many items from the database|
|5.||Simplifying Storage with Flask-SQLAlchemy (2 hours 3 mins)||Improving the project structure and maintainability|
|Creating User and Item models, Advanced Postman: environments and tests|
|Telling SQLAlchemy about our tables and columns|
|Implementing the ItemModel/UserModel using SQLAlchemy|
|Easily displaying the ItemList resource with SQLAlchemy|
|Creating StoreModel & Store Resource|
|6.||Git – version Control (32 mins)||Installing Git on Mac and Windows|
|The Git workflow, Using SSH keys for security, The README file|
|7.||Deploying Flask Apps to Heroku (59 mins)||Introduction to Heroku & Setting up Heroku for Flask|
|Logs in Heroku and troubleshooting errors|
|Testing the deployed API with Postman|
|Adding PostgreSQL to our Heroku app|
|Working with Git and automatic deploys|
|8.||Deploying Flask Apps to your own Server (1 hour 29 mins)||Setting up DigitalOcean account, Installing PostgreSQL in Ubuntu 16.04, Creating a UNIX user in Ubuntu 16.04|
|Setting up nginx and our REST API|
|Setting up uWSGI to run our REST API|
|9.||Security in your REST APIs (44 mins)||Getting our domain name, Setting up Cloudflare|
|Setting our DNS records|
|Creating our SSL certificate in Cloudflare, Configuring nginx for SSL|
|10.||Token Refreshing & Flask-JWT-Extended & Bonus Section (1 hour 39 mins)||Creating a User Resource for testing, Testing our new Resource with Postman|
|Testing our new Resource with Postman, Testing the login with Postman|
|Adding JWT Claims, Getting the JWT identity in and endpoint and @jwt_optional|
|Performing token refresh in our REST API|
|Customizing Flask-JWT-Extended callbacks and responses, Blacklisting with Flask-JWT-Extended|
- Installation & Setup of Various Tools such as Python, Flask, Git, DigitalOcean account, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Basic Python Programming
- Stable Internet Connection.
- Latest Version of Windows or macOS.
|Parameters||REST APIs with Flask and Python||Advanced REST APIs with Flask and Python||Web Developer Bootcamp with Flask and Python|
|Offers||INR 455 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||12 hours||12.5 hours||20 hours|
|Student Enrollments||1.07 lakhs||14,419||38,221|
|Instructors||Jose Salvatierra||Jose Salvatierra||Jose Salvatierra|
|Level||Intermediate (Students should be familiar with basic Python programming)||Advanced (Students should be familiar Python programming, Object-oriented programming and have PyCharm’s access)||Intermediate (Students should be familiar with basic Python programming)|
|Topics Covered||REST APIs, Git, Heroku, Nginx, Flask-RESTful, Flask-JWT, and Flask-SQLAlchemy||Data Serialization and Deserialization, Database Migrations, REST APIs with Flask||Website Development using Python, Flask, MongoDB, HTML, and CSS|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|
|Mastering Data Structures & Algorithms using C and C++||Build Responsive Real-World Websites with HTML and CSS||The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert|
Check out the student reviews for the ‘REST APIs with Flask and Python’ course.
- Abiola A. (5.0/5) “I always used to hate learning web development because apparently i was learning it the full-stack way then I found out I could just focus on backend development, so i searched for a really comprehensive course on backend development with flask and this happened to be the best course ever, i enjoy working on backend a lot better than front-end and this course reignited my interest in web development, especially with the way it was delivered. There are definitely places the course can improve like updating it contents but all in all if you’re a beginner dev or junior python developer this course is your starting point.”
- Padma S. (5.0/5) “I am new to python coding and this course has really given me a wonderful perspective of the language and the environments. Jose’s lectures were very well put together and most of Jose and his teaching assistants were incredibly patient and helped me along the way wherever I had issues. Will be revisiting the topics to refresh. Thank you.”
- Derek P. (5.0/5) “Terrific course, both the first part which was a great refresher but also improved my understanding (as I was self-taught on the go in python), and the flask part was excellent also. Highly recommended course.”
- Anthony Chanco J. (5.0/5) “Wow!!! Very comprehensive. Excellent course and more so a very good Instructor. It’s a one-man job from programming to deployment including setup. Quite overwhelming.”
- Renato S. (5.0/5) “I loved this course. Jose is a great instructor and kept me motivated along the way. I need to say I knew None about Python, and now I can handle it much better.”
- John Philip R. (4.0/5) “Some of the codes are outdated, I was sometimes stuck with a single small problem for hours just to get the updated syntax, codes, or techniques. But all in all, I like how you organized this lecture, it is quite helpful!”
- Demis G. (4.0/5) “It’s an excellent course. Jose teaches very well. For me, the section 9 about deploy Flask in your server had so many contents, and I would like to learn other content instead this, such as tests or more in depth SQL alchemy. Thank you very much for the content!”
- Chinmay N. (4.0/5) “The overall course is good. Not everything but I have clear understanding on many topics now which were alien to me in past. It will be better if you can reupload the JWT-extended section with latest changes.”
- Bipin B. (3.0/5) “Overall okay course. Do not expect too much.”
- Mattias B. (3.0/5) “Not enough coding exercises”
Similar Udemy Courses
REST APIs with Flask and Python: FAQs
Ques. What is the fee for the course?
Ans. The course is originally priced at INR 3,499 but currently, it is available for INR 455.
Ques. What will I learn in the course?
Ans. You will learn about REST APIs, Git, Heroku, Nginx, Flask-RESTful, Flask-JWT, and Flask-SQLAlchemy, etc. through fun animated videos & real-world examples.
Ques. What is the duration of the course?
Ans. The duration of the course is 12 hours.
Ques. Is there a certification from Udemy?
Ans. Yes, you will get a certificate of completion from Udemy.
Ques. What is the rating?
Ans. It is rated 4.6 out of 5.
Ques. Do I have lifetime access to this course?
Ans. Yes, you can access this course for a lifetime on mobile or TV.
Ques. Can I access the course on mobile devices, laptops, and TV?
Ans. Yes, you can access the course on mobile devices, laptops, and TV.