The ‘Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence Course’ is designed for students who are aware of basic SQL and want to develop real-world data analysis and business analytics skills using advanced SQL.
It is a complete project-based course where students will work with a customized eCommerce database and will work on a variety of real-world projects that data analysts and business intelligence experts work on a daily basis. The course is usually available for INR 2,799 on Udemy but students can click on the link and get the ‘Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence Course’ for INR 449.
Who all can opt for this course?
- BI professionals or analysts who wish to analyze data stored in relational database systems.
- Excel users who want to move into a more comprehensive business intelligence or database-focused role.
- SQL users who wish to learn sophisticated techniques and one of the most widely used and potent database programming languages.
- Students seeking a practical, hands-on way to learn MySQL for business intelligence and data analysis.
- Anyone interested in a career in business intelligence or data analysis.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 449 (|
|Student Enrollment||38,875 students|
|Instructor||Maven Analytics https://www.linkedin.com/in/mavenanalytics|
|Topics Covered||Traffic analysis & optimization, website measurement & testing, channel analysis & optimization, product & user-level analysis|
|Total Student Reviews||4,398|
- Use MySQL Workbench to explore and analyse databases by writing complex SQL queries.
- Discover how to manage challenging multi-step data problems with temporary tables and subqueries.
- Complete real-world eCommerce use cases and helpful, hands-on assignments.
- Use the robust MySQL JOIN commands to analyse data from a variety of tables.
- Learn one-of-a-kind techniques and technologies that are not available elsewhere.
- Access resource files, tests, assignments, and professional assistance for a lifetime.
|1.||Getting Started (09 minutes)||Course Structure & Outline|
|READ ME: Important Notes for New Students|
|DOWNLOAD: Course Resources|
|Introducing the Course Project – Play the Role of Business Analyst|
|Setting Expectations – Focus on Business Analysis, NOT MySQL Administration|
|2.||Prerequisite Skills (05 minutes)||Introduction|
|Prerequisite Skills – Taught in my SQL Database for Beginners course|
|Prerequisite Skills Quiz|
|3.||MySQL Intro & Setup (36 minutes)||Introduction|
|MySQL Installation Overview – MySQL Community Server & MySQL Workbench|
|Mac Download – MySQL Community Server|
|Mac Download – MySQL Workbench|
|PC Download – MySQL Community Server & MySQL Workbench|
|Connecting MySQL Workbench to the Server|
|MySQL Workbench Interface|
|Creating the Maven Fuzzy Factory Database|
|Getting to Know the Database|
|4.||Analyzing Traffic Sources (01 hour 07 minutes)||Introduction|
|Analyzing Top Traffic Sources|
|ASSIGNMENT: Finding Top Traffic Sources|
|SOLUTION: Finding Top Traffic Sources|
|ASSIGNMENT: Traffic Source Conversion Rates|
|SOLUTION: Traffic Source Conversion Rates|
|Bid Optimization & Trend Analysis|
|ASSIGNMENT: Traffic Source Trending|
|SOLUTION: Traffic Source Trending|
|ASSIGNMENT: Bid Optimization for Paid Traffic|
|SOLUTION: Bid Optimization for Paid Traffic|
|ASSIGNMENT: Trending w/ Granular Segments|
|SOLUTION: Trending w/ Granular Segments|
|5.||Analyzing Website Performance (01 hour 53 minutes)||Introduction|
|Analyzing Top Website Pages & Entry Pages|
|ASSIGNMENT: Finding Top Website Pages|
|SOLUTION: Finding Top Website Pages|
|ASSIGNMENT: Finding Top Entry Pages|
|SOLUTION: Finding Top Entry Pages|
|Analyzing Bounce Rates & Landing Page Tests|
|ASSIGNMENT: Calculating Bounce Rates|
|SOLUTION: Calculating Bounce Rates|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Landing Page Tests|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Landing Page Tests|
|ASSIGNMENT: Landing Page Trend Analysis|
|SOLUTION: Landing Page Trend Analysis|
|Building Conversion Funnels & Testing Conversion Paths|
|ASSIGNMENT: Building Conversion Funnels|
|SOLUTION: Building Conversion Funnels|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Conversion Funnel Tests|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Conversion Funnel Tests|
|6.||MID-COURSE PROJECT (31 minutes)||Introduction|
|ASSIGNMENT: Mid-Course Project|
|SOLUTION: Mid-Course Project|
|7.||Analysis for Channel Portfolio Management (51 minutes)||Introduction|
|Analyzing Channel Portfolios|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Channel Portfolios|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Channel Portfolios|
|ASSIGNMENT: Comparing Channel Characteristics|
|SOLUTION: Comparing Channel Characteristics|
|ASSIGNMENT: Cross-Channel Bid Optimization|
|SOLUTION: Cross-Channel Bid Optimization|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Channel Portfolio Trends|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Channel Portfolio Trends|
|Analyzing Direct, Brand-Driven Traffic|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Direct Traffic|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Direct Traffic|
|8.||Analyzing Business Patterns and Seasonality (23 minutes)||Analyzing Business Patterns & Seasonality|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Seasonality|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Seasonality|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Business Patterns|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Business Patterns|
|9.||Product Analysis (01 hour 32 minutes)||Introduction|
|Analyzing Product Sales & Product Launches|
|ASSIGNMENT: Product-Level Sales Analysis|
|SOLUTION: Product-Level Sales Analysis|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Product Launches|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Product Launches|
|Analyzing Product-Level Website Pathing|
|ASSIGNMENT: Product-Level Website Pathing|
|SOLUTION: Product-Level Website Pathing|
|ASSIGNMENT: Building Product-Level Conversion Funnels|
|SOLUTION: Building Product-Level Conversion Funnels|
|Cross-Selling & Product Portfolio Analysis|
|ASSIGNMENT: Cross-Sell Analysis|
|SOLUTION: Cross-Sell Analysis|
|ASSIGNMENT: Product Portfolio Expansion|
|SOLUTION: Product Portfolio Expansion|
|Analyzing Product Refund Rates|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Product Refund Rates|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Product Refund Rates|
|10.||User Analysis (27 minutes)||Introduction|
|Analyzing Repeat Visit & Purchase Behavior|
|ASSIGNMENT: Identifying Repeat Visitors|
|SOLUTION: Identifying Repeat Visitors|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Time to Repeat|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Time to Repeat|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing Repeat Channel Behavior|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing Repeat Channel Behavior|
|ASSIGNMENT: Analyzing New & Repeat Conversion Rates|
|SOLUTION: Analyzing New & Repeat Conversion Rates|
|11.||FINAL PROJECT (29 minutes)||Introduction|
|ASSIGNMENT: Final Project|
|SOLUTION: Final Project|
|12.||Wrapping Up (02 minutes)||Resources & Next Steps|
- MySQL Workbench and Community Server for MAC or Windows/PC (the instructor will guide them through the free installation process).
- Students should complete SQL for Beginners course and be familiar with SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and table joins.
Anthony Okolo (5/5): What can I say but a big thank you, I am privileged to have come across Maven and would continue learning under Maven until I get my dream job in data and business intelligence analytics. If you want to be the best, follow the best and your results would be the best. Thanks, Maven Analytics, you guys are simply the best.
- Srishti Shukla (5/5): Gives a very great picture of what you all can do with SQL
- Rui Wang (5/5): Great course! Help to build up your business mindset through projects.
- Wendy (5/5): So I would say it’s definitely a great course to take!
- Vivek Jaiswal (5/5): Great course and appreciate the way assignments are focused to explain the concepts!!
- Nikita B. (3/5): The course in itself is great and the idea of project based learning is super. However the explanation part is really not up to the mark at all! There are long explainations of difficul topics like Temp Tables with multi stage analysis and one loses the track of which temp table is being connected to whic other table with what join in a 17 minutes long eplaination. They should have really added a graphic depecting which coloumn and which tables and temp tables are being connected to each other in what order.
- AiMaMi<333 (3.5/5): My personal opinion is that this course focuses more on the real life cases (e-commerce) than on SQL syntax. The same SQL concepts were used throughout the course to solve various business inquiries. Whether it is a good thing or bad is totally up to the audiences.
- Ahmet Engin A. (3/5): First impression; introduction part is quite repetitive, I hope this is not the case for the rest of the course.
About the Author
The course is designed and instructed by John Pauler and Maven Analytics.
- Maven Analytics is an award-winning data analytics training institute. They have an average instructor rating of 4.6 and more than 9.5 lakh student enrollment rate.
- They offer over 35 courses on Udemy focusing on Excel, Python, SQL, Power BI, and Tableau.
- John Pauler is a Data Analyst. He has years of experience working with data for leading marketing firms and has served as a product owner.
- He has an average instructor rating of 4.7 and more than 75k students have enrolled in his courses.
|Parameters||Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence||Microsoft Excel – Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions||SQL for Data Analysis: Beginner MySQL Business Intelligence|
|Offers||INR 449 (||INR 449 (||INR 449 (|
|Duration||8 hours||9.5 hours||4.5 hours|
|Instructors||Maven Analytics||Maven Analytics||Maven Analytics|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|