The ‘SQL for Data Analysis: Beginner MySQL Business Intelligence’ course will teach you to write SQL queries to explore and analyze databases with MySQL workbench. In this course, you will learn how to use SQL to extract, sort, filter, and group data quickly and efficiently.
The course helps you to master unique tips, tools and case studies of MySQL. The course is usually available for INR 2,799 on Udemy but you can click on the link and get the ‘SQL for Data Analysis: Beginner MySQL Business Intelligence’ for INR 499.
Who all can opt for this course?
- Professionals in BI or analysis who need to swiftly access or analyse data held in relational database systems.
- Users of Excel who want to move into a more comprehensive business intelligence or database-focused role.
- Anybody looking to master one of the most widely used and potent database programming languages in the world (SQL).
- Students searching for a hands-on and highly engaging introduction to MySQL for data analysis.
- Anyone interested in a career in business intelligence or data analysis.
|Registration Link||Apply Now!|
|Price||INR 499 (|
|Student Enrollment||44,424 students|
|Topics Covered||MySQL, Table Analysis, MySQL JOIN Statements|
|Total Student Reviews||7,613|
- With MySQL Workbench, create SQL queries to explore and examine databases.
- Learn how to rapidly and effectively extract, sort, filter, and group data with SQL.
- Use the robust MySQL JOIN commands to analyse data from many tables.
- Complete real-world corporate application cases and practical, hands-on projects.
- Get exclusive techniques, resources, and case studies that you won’t find anywhere.
- Access resource files, tests, assignments, and professional assistance for Life.
|1.||Getting Started (06 minutes)||Course Structure & Outline – MySQL Database for Beginners|
|READ ME: Important Notes for New Students|
|DOWNLOAD: Course Resources|
|Introducing the Course Project – Play the Role of Business Analyst|
|Setting Expectations – Focus on Business Analysis, NOT MySQL Administration|
|2.||MySQL Intro & Setup (25 minutes)||Introduction to Installing MySQL and MySQL Workbench for Beginners|
|Why Learn SQL From Scratch? The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp is Worth It!|
|History & SQL “Flavors” (MySQL, MS SQL Server, SQL Lite, T SQL, Microsoft SQL)|
|MySQL Installation Overview|
|Mac Download – Community Server|
|Mac Download – MySQL Workbench|
|PC Download – Community Server + Workbench|
|Connecting Workbench to the Server|
|MySQL Workbench Interface|
|Creating the Maven Movies Database|
|QUIZ: MySQL Intro & Setup|
|3.||Single Table Analysis (PART 1) (01 hour 51 minutes)||Introduction to Databases and SQL Querying|
|Getting to Know the Database|
|The “Big 6” Statements and Clauses of SQL Queries|
|The SELECT Statement – Your SQL Querying Starts Here|
|The FROM Clause – Tell the Server Which Table Your SQL Query Will Pull Data From|
|SELECT * FROM|
|The USE Statement|
|Selecting Specific Columns|
|ASSIGNMENT: SELECT & FROM|
|SOLUTION: SELECT & FROM|
|ASSIGNMENT: SELECT DISTINCT|
|SOLUTION: SELECT DISTINCT|
|The WHERE Clause|
|Common WHERE Operators|
|ASSIGNMENT: The WHERE Clause|
|SOLUTION: The WHERE Clause|
|Combining WHERE & AND|
|ASSIGNMENT: WHERE & AND|
|SOLUTION: WHERE & AND|
|Combining WHERE & OR|
|ASSIGNMENT: WHERE & OR|
|SOLUTION: WHERE & OR|
|Combining WHERE & IN|
|The LIKE Operator|
|LIKE Wildcard Examples|
|ASSIGNMENT: The LIKE Operator|
|SOLUTION: The LIKE Operator|
|The GROUP BY Clause|
|GROUP BY Example|
|PRO TIP: Using Comments & Aliases|
|ASSIGNMENT: GROUP BY|
|SOLUTION: GROUP BY|
|Multiple Dimension GROUP BY Clauses|
|Grouping with Aggregate Functions|
|ASSIGNMENT: Aggregate Functions|
|SOLUTION: Aggregate Functions|
|The HAVING Clause|
|ASSIGNMENT: The HAVING Clause|
|SOLUTION: The HAVING Clause|
|The ORDER BY Clause|
|ORDER BY Example|
|ASSIGNMENT: The ORDER BY Clause|
|SOLUTION: The ORDER BY Clause|
|RECAP: The “Big 6”|
|QUIZ: Single Table Analysis (PART 1)|
|4.||Single Table Analysis (PART 2) (31 minutes)||The CASE Statement|
|Common CASE Operators|
|ASSIGNMENT: The CASE Statement|
|SOLUTION: The CASE Statement|
|PRO TIP: “Pivoting” with COUNT & CASE|
|COUNT & CASE Demo|
|ASSIGNMENT: COUNT & CASE|
|SOLUTION: COUNT & CASE|
|QUIZ: Single Table Analysis (PART 2)|
|5.||MID-COURSE PROJECT (07 minutes)||Mid-Course Project Intro|
|SOLUTION: Mid-Course Project|
|6.||Analyzing Multiple Tables with Joins (01 hour 10 minutes)||Introduction to SQL JOINs and Querying Multiple Tables|
|Normalization & Cardinality|
|Reviewing the Maven Movies Database|
|Common JOIN Types|
|INNER JOIN Example|
|ASSIGNMENT: INNER JOIN|
|SOLUTION: INNER JOIN|
|LEFT JOIN Example|
|ASSIGNMENT: LEFT JOIN|
|SOLUTION: LEFT JOIN|
|LEFT vs. INNER vs. RIGHT JOIN|
|FULL OUTER JOIN|
|PRO TIP: “Bridging” Unrelated Tables|
|ASSIGNMENT: “Bridging” Tables|
|SOLUTION: “Bridging” Tables|
|ASSIGNMENT: Multi-Condition Joins|
|SOLUTION: Multi-Condition Joins|
|The UNION Operator|
|ASSIGNMENT: The UNION Operator|
|SOLUTION: The UNION Operator|
|QUIZ: Multi-Table Analysis|
|7.||FINAL PROJECT (16 minutes)||Final Project Intro|
|SOLUTION: Final Project|
|8.||Wrapping Up (02 minutes)||Resources & Next Steps – After this SQL for Beginners Course|
- For Mac or Windows/PC, MySQL Workbench and Community Server (Instructor will lead you through the free installation process)
- It is recommended but not necessary to have a fundamental understanding of databases
Dustin DiMarco (5/5) : Walk through installation worked perfectly for newest version of MySQL as of 11/12/2022 . For a person that wants to get started quickly in writing queries & not learning how to set up a database this class is perfect.
- Mahsa (5/5) : I have no experience in Mysql and am very happy with how you teach.
- Shreyas Sridharan (5/5) : This course is excellent for those who want to step into SQL.
- Naomi Solomon (5/5) : Did an excellent job explaining how to do everything step by step
- Bankole Obilanade (5/5) : This is one of the best SQL trainings I have taken to date.
- Satrio Yudanto (2/5) : At least you have to know a little bit about MySQL query.
- Aladin F. (1/5) : Awful IDE, can’t practise on it pointless course just wasted my money
- Anonymized U. (2.5/5) : not in details….totally waste of time
- Satrio Y. (2/5) : I think this is not for beginner with 0 basics. Because what he explains is too short for the ‘real basic’. At least you have to know a little bit about MySQL query. Some mid project also weird
About the Author
The instructor of this course is Maven Analytics which is a Award-Winning Data Analytics Training. With 4.6 Instructor Rating and 321,019 Reviews on Udemy, Maven Analytics offers 34 Courses and has taught 938,836 Students so far.
- Maven Analytics is the first specifically designed online platform for data analysts to display their work, learn new skills, and network with peers and employers.
- Maven’s award-winning Guided Learning model, which was named one of the top 10 education companies revolutionising the sector, enables users to build public portfolios, create personalised learning plans, connect with career coaches and expert instructors, and become a part of a community of top-tier analytics talent.
- Maven Analytics have aided more than 1,000,000 students in developing employable skills and laying the groundwork for successful careers by teaching them how to use technologies like Excel, SQL, Power BI, Tableau, and Python.
- Maven Analytics equips regular individuals with transformative data abilities.
|Parameters||SQL for Data Analysis: Beginner MySQL Business Intelligence||Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence||Microsoft Power BI – Up & Running With Power BI Service|
|Offers||INR 455 (||INR 455 (||INR 455 (|
|Duration||4.5 hours||8 hours||8 hours|
|Instructors||Maven Analytics||Maven Analytics||Maven Analytics|
|Register Here||Apply Now!||Apply Now!||Apply Now!|